trail riding...how often?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
johnnyboxer

Re: trail riding...how often?

Post by johnnyboxer »

Only been out once since Nov 2016 for 2 days, i find it boring now and much prefer riding a Trial, to riding the trails, as they're all shite in the Yorkshire Dales now, the hard ones are closed and all that's left is been graded and flattened
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

erm west yorks .. north yorks... northumberland .. chirk .. llangollon ..lakes .brecon beacons ..., derbyshire ... salisbury ..., barmouth ..shropshire .. bulgaria .. upcoming next week .. greece ...albania .. macidonia...monernegro kosivo
..northumberland again september and what ever else turns up from there (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Good subject Russ! Since doing my local lanes and the ABR Midlands green lane ride out on the Africa Twin i think i prefer doing lanes on a bigger bike because its a slower pace and more enjoyable as opposed to screaming down them on the beta 300. Even practice days seem to be getting more expensive for a few laps then im knackered! And what am i practising for! As i dont race or do any competition riding. Maybe i too am getting soft in my 50+ year!!!!! So i try to get out 2-3 times a month if i can, and if we go on a road ride ill always check the gps for some lanes wherever we go.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I hardly ever get to ride trails, I'm trying to combine it with work and family life but I'm hardly ever home long enough to make it work. :(
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Probably once a fortnight on average, sometimes on my own, sometimes with others. I am lucky that I'm retired so usually I go out on weekdays and early mornings.
one-legged adventurer
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Isn't trail riding getting a bit boring?
Getting fed up of the closures
Being told where I can no longer ride
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

I get out every day, it may only be for an hour here or there but I am currently exploring what is rideable (legally) in the a 50 mile radius from where I am in France. The best bit is trying it on different bikes, I find a trail then ride it on the DR350, 650 and more recently the KTM 950, so I haven't been bored yet. When I am back in the UK the ABC Bunkhouse weekends are a blast, never boring, can't wait for next weekend !!
micksea

Post by micksea »

Only about half a dozen times a year in the uk and that's usually on a closed practice area.lots of ride reports put on the forum but very few rideouts get put on before thesending take place.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

My son goes out 2/3 times a week in the evening on his KTM300, all illegal trails/off road on the Lancashire moorland.
There's a group of about 30 guys, although there's seldom more than 8 in a group.
They're a mixed bunch..... 3 Firemen, a BA pilot, two policemen amongst them, several compete motocross/ Enduro at a high standard.
He keeps pestering me to go out with them, but I don't want to show them up :laugh:
Myself.....Not that often, going out to Bulgaria kinda spoils you, it's chalk and cheese between Bulgaria and here, legal trail riding here is a bit Mickey Mouse.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

the closures in 2006 were a blow but there is pleanty left to go at ..the trick for me is to plan a route
last one in brecon i took me time and took in severel trails in llongollen ..cut accross the wayfairer took in the pass of the cross at lake vweny took most of the band d roads to elan vally and then did a loop around the the revivoirs
met the guys fri for a beer ...fantastic off road loop led by gary around brecon finishing with the strata ...
sunday no off road but a leasuirly cruise through the heart of wales ..tea an and cakes all the way ..stunning tiny moors roads that i know well ..
the point for me is not just the trail riding which is great ..the focal point of the weekend i guess ..but the journey down and the journey back are equally good in a different way ..folks may find it hard to believe but even using the motorway on a 250 is quite enjoyable too me .i think im a bit weird :woohoo: ..
i just love being out on me bike .i love me trails too ..this is ace counrty stunning places to ride too and visit .. there are weeks of riding to be had here mingling fantastc scenery with trails hotspots as you travel along ...easy to make a weeks loop of great riding ....
my glass is deffo not half empty
love our country it is in places very special (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”