Cotswolds - something really easy

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
bjohnson

Cotswolds - something really easy

Post by bjohnson »

Would anyone be able to recommend any trails I can try out on my multistrada, with road tyres?!
Obviously I'm not looking for anything too adventurous, but it would be really nice to pick up a few easy green lane routes between road sections to make up a good day out and try something a little different.
bill_qaz

Re: Cotswolds - something really easy

Post by bill_qaz »

Most of the fosse way south of Cotswold airport
Alun

Post by Alun »

bjohnson wrote:Would anyone be able to recommend any trails I can try out on my multistrada, with road tyres?!

Obviously I'm not looking for anything too adventurous, but it would be really nice to pick up a few easy green lane routes between road sections to make up a good day out and try something a little different.
Here's a good idea for next weekend that includes green lanes and the Cotswolds
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

our Gloucester and Cotswold Edge rally locations will take you to some remote parts of Gloucestershire. It was last year but the details are here
https://sites.google.com/site/vmccsc/calendar (bottom of the page)
this years rally Getting Stoned in Gloucestershire will take you to a different set of locations here https://sites.google.com/site/vmccsc/news
next years rally will be an Armistice rally that includes some locations on the Fosse Way.If you go down the Fosse to Colerne try the loop through Northend & St Catherine's
up to Marshfield or to A46, all surfaced (almost) lanes.
East of Winchcombe off Sudley Hill towards Ford there is an unclassified road through Guiting Wood.
YourFather

Post by YourFather »

Cotswold fosse way (thumbs) I was there today :woohoo: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TFt8sjrkE&t=61s
bjohnson

Post by bjohnson »

Thanks all, going to try the Fosseway in a couple weeks time one evening.watched a couple YouTube vids of the route from Cotswold airport going south, looks reasonably straightforward - famous last words!!!
Will there be a gpx route available that I can plug into my satnav, I'll do some more inter web surfing for route details
Or, if anyone wants to join and lead me and a mate on the route in return for a pint?!
bjohnson

Post by bjohnson »

I was away and missed this, looks like one for next years calendar though. Thanks
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

bjohnson wrote:Thanks all, going to try the Fosseway in a couple weeks time one evening.watched a couple YouTube vids of the route from Cotswold airport going south, looks reasonably straightforward - famous last words!!!

Will there be a gpx route available that I can plug into my satnav, I'll do some more inter web surfing for route details

Or, if anyone wants to join and lead me and a mate on the route in return for a pint?!

If you pm me a email address i will send a gpx route...
bjohnson

Post by bjohnson »

Thanks fella, pm sent
Burtieboy

Post by Burtieboy »

I ran a Cotswold Capers as a roadbook navigation at the end of June - this track could be amended for an adventure bike on road tyres.

It could be GPS or Roadbook - anyone interested?
- RallyMoto - leading the way in motorcycle rallying in the UK

- Organiser for ATRC and RallyMoto Cup

- ACU Certified Off Road Instructor

- www.rallymoto.co.uk

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”