Moelfre City

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
beddowsm

Re: Moelfre City

Post by beddowsm »

Cheers Rob.
Ill probably give Moelfre a go and if I have to turn around so be it.
Done WBIN before. From the South missed the turn for the trail and went to the gate near the barn. The farmer had a right chunt, swearing and losing his temper. No need fo rit. honest mistake. anyway, back tracked and went through the wood, slippery as buggery. Great fun. Then through the fields and rejoined the track after the barn. If I was the farmer I think Id prefer people to stay on the track rather than ride through the fields.....but in his eyes I suppose sticking to the actual byway is better as I bet a lot wont make it past the wood. On a wet day on a big bike its a battle.
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

How did you get on? Locked?
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Never made it. Spent too much time around the Oswestry trails. Time was against me after that and I didn't fancy turning round at the end of Moelfre. Will give it a go next time Im passing.
Did WBIN on Saturday though. Better than I remember it.
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

no worries
north end of MC is on my way home, just not got the mojo to ride it that often since they TRO'd all those yrs ago :/
WBIN is great
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

beddowsm wrote:Never made it. Spent too much time around the Oswestry trails. Time was against me after that and I didn't fancy turning round at the end of Moelfre. Will give it a go next time Im passing.

Did WBIN on Saturday though. Better than I remember it.
Over there today. S end of MC was still illegally blocked, so we went right down the fence to the "alternative" gateway where we were met by the farmer who had locked that gate and was challenging eveyone who went there. We spoke with him for a long time and he seemed very pissed at the neighbour illegally locking the gate on the proper route, but would not loose us through.

TBH, if he wasnt there, I would just have gone through the fence it was so rotten!! Farmer informed us that the Court action by Powys Council is imminent, "once the Crown Estate" has formally confirmed the ownership of the land in dispute. Friendly farmer gave us an alternative exit off the hill....

We all agreed, that Farmer 2 is worrying and stressing himself to an early grave... Imagine being on alert every day in case a bike or LR comes over the Hill... :dry: He agreed that the use of his gateway was not an issue, but he was making his point to make the Council react.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Cheers for the update Steve, be interested to hear how this one pans out.
TBH, I'm surprised a landy hasn't just smashed its way through the locked gate (or isn't it as easy as that?).
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

beddowsm wrote:Cheers for the update Steve, be interested to hear how this one pans out.

TBH, I'm surprised a landy hasn't just smashed its way through the locked gate (or isn't it as easy as that?).
There is good fencing and secure gate by the illegally blocked route but apparently he let a group of people through last week, but I suspect there may have been a suggestion of "or else" as there were 8-10 drivers present.

The fence near the alternative gate (not legal route) could be got through with a pair of scissors :laugh: Shite is too strong a word for it's ability to keep anything in!!! Or 30secs with a leatherman and the gate would be open, other than the GateKeeper!!

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”