Salter fell

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Mike54

Re: Salter fell

Post by Mike54 »

Best bit of salter fell is that it feels remote. The riding itself is pretty boring lets face it
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Never rode it so wouldn't no if it was boring but I am still running on road rubber so would only make it more challenging and fun slipping and sliding everywhere it did at the lanes up Buxton way. I keep saying ill order them but get so tangled up in choice it never happens and then there's nice weather and time to ride again so I can't resist but getting on and going . :) I may have a little ride out later to see if I can find it wen I finish work at 5
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
bowber

Post by bowber »

Mike54 wrote:Best bit of salter fell is that it feels remote. The riding itself is pretty boring lets face it
It is and the most challenging part is the climb up from the Slaidburn end but even then it's just because of the bits of old concrete, but it's still open and ridable for now so we have to make the best of what we have left :angry:

Steve
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

i stopped on that climb behind rederic as a rider was down in front of him, eric managed to get going again when it cleared but i was just rock-grinding and required a push to get moving again, boy was i glad i wasn't there alone. Its a lovely ride in a remote spot with proper signage and brand new metal gates.

ian
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Well that last comment was a bit mmmmmmm should I really go alone... but that's part of the adventure so will be setting off a soon as I am ready ...hopefully I should find it seems easy enough to find ...saying that thou I did go charity lane and end up right at the bottom near the farm before I go coming back on myself ...
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Well Wish I hadn't of bothered ... should have waited got as far as junction 33 and now sat on round about with a passing flat and no repair kit belting newbie mistake was gonna go for one aswell ... that's 1 hour for carols noshe to come out and fix at road side or take me home ..
Mikekitts81

Salter fell

Post by Mikekitts81 »

One trip cut short due to a flat and no repair kit :( not one tyre places was open close by did meet a biker thou that kindly stopped and give me is mates number to help out :) Image

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

Mikekitts81 wrote:Well that last comment was a bit mmmmmmm should I really go alone...
You can ride alongside the bad bit with all the loose stones but were trying to stay on the 'good' bit :woohoo:
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Well went in the garage today and did my wheel and glad I didn't have a puncture kit... would have needed an inner tube ... the tube was completely split in half and had a 2 inch slice down one side also my rim tape was demolished to think the tyre overheated as the tubed most have just blew up to split completely in half like that... lucky really was coming off the junction at m6 in Lancaster and thought the suspension had gone most have an angel looking over me ... :) well lesson learned always carry 2 tubes with me ...

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”