Stopped by police?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Tramp

Re: Stopped by police?

Post by Tramp »

Ive been stopped lots by police on salisbury plain who dont know what the score is ...range wardens are fine and brillaint...been stopped by dog walkers and police farmers you name it..never been prosecuted because ive got a foreign plate for when im going solo ....bad boy yes but dont see why a unused or infrquent trail cant be ridden sensibly..
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Tramp wrote:Ive been stopped lots by police on salisbury plain who dont know what the score is ...range wardens are fine and brillaint...been stopped by dog walkers and police farmers you name it..never been prosecuted because ive got a foreign plate for when im going solo ....bad boy yes but dont see why a unused or infrquent trail cant be ridden sensibly..
Moody plates... (thumbs)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Scott_rider wrote:How about 'doing a runner from the Police'? (whilst riding legally)
:whistle:
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Stopped by the police? Never in 53 years! But any more than that I am not telling, confessing on here is not a good idea.
By far the best policy while on the trails is not to stop at all. Because if said walker has bothered to stop you then he or she has already made up their minds who is in the wrong. I have heard of some guys using a little chain lube on the number plate to attract the mud or even a velcro detachable plate, but these are not things I would do. I also heard of anther bloke who while being chased by a NP warden lead him down a narrow track until a u turn was impossible then turn around and ride back pass him on the hedge. I also heard about another fellow who rode a single trail that crossed a farmers yard, the farmer came running out at speed and hurled a full 2 litre bottle of coke at him, it missed and the farm slipped and fell on his arse so hard he was hospitalised.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Crossrutted wrote:
Scott_rider wrote:How about 'doing a runner from the Police'? (whilst riding legally)
:whistle:
Offroad no brainer they can't ride for shit, I only know because we supported their Offroad enforcement for several years and they assumed putting a Plod rider on a CRF450 would be simple, how wrong were they !! :whistle:
KN0BBY

Post by KN0BBY »

Someone I have never met had the police, Army Range boss and park ranger all descend on my, I mean someone I have never met's, merry bunch of riders at the cafe after ridng Sarn, the police were ok-ish, the Army bloke was like you expect an army bloke to be and the park ranger was right up himself and blatantly anti anything with wheels unless it was him, his rangers of his loaded farmer dad driving it.

Someone I have never met got a snotty letter later, they had no legal basis for the affront and were purely trying it on in an intimidating manner

actually I just made all that up
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Was that with Big Pete?
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Anyone who has trail ridden much will surely have had to deal with some or all of the things on the list?
And sadly putting up with it seems to be part of trail riding these days! :(

Personally had most of them including a farmer who wasn't keen on traffic using the legal byway that ran straight through his farmyard, that got so 'excited' he spat his false teeth out onto his shitty yard while telling us how little he wanted us there, and another in mid-Wales who told us he had a gun and as there was no one about could kill us all and 'no one would ever know'- still regret not reporting that nut to the police!

But the only police interaction was when one stopped while we were mending a puncture to ask what club we were in as he fancied a go himself
KN0BBY

Post by KN0BBY »

Gary, I think I have ridden with you, did you and your mate both have shiney new hondas about a year and a half ago?

how do you send a PM here?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I had a crf230F but not a new one. I bet I have ridden with you tho? Clues?

I just PMed you Knobby .. you can reply to it if its to me?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”