Washgate, Derbyshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Washgate, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

It is with great pleasure and relief that I can tell you that the PDNPA is seriously considering a modification to their proposed TRO on Washgate.

It is proposed that subject to certain conditions the Dave Rowland, Bemrose, Reliance and Northern Experts Trials will all be granted exemption to continue to use Washgate.

I ask that all who will be affected by this, especially those who are competitors, past present and future writes a short letter of appreciation to say who they are, where they live and why this exemption is so important to them.

The proposal still needs to be ratified by the ARP Committee and your letters of appreciation will go along way to smoothing the passage.

Please write to Sue Smith at; [email protected] and send me a copy too.

I do appreciate that for we trail riders this still has a negative outcome in that all other recreational motorists will be subject to a full TRO, however to secure this exemption is quite a pleasant respite.

TTFN.

Hugh.
Reg12Consultation-Washgate.pdf
(198.49 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Hugh

Re: Washgate, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

To keep you up to date, today 12:34 I received the following notification;

Dear Sir/Madam

Washgate – Proposed Traffic Regulation Order

I last wrote to you in November 2016 to advise you of your opportunity to make representations on the Authority’s proposed modification relating to a traffic regulation order exemption covering named motorcycle events. Since then, we have been carefully considering the responses in order to determine how to proceed on this route.

This is to notify you that it is proposed that a report will be taken to the next meeting of the Audit Resource and Performance Committee on 3 March 2017. Papers are available at https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk.

You can listen to the meeting live and following the meeting via audio webcasting which is available using the above link. You can also speak at the meeting if we receive your request by Noon on Wednesday 1 March 2017. More details about the public participation scheme can be obtained from [email protected] or by phoning 01629 816362.

Please note that forward work plans are provided and you may subscribe for updates at https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk.

Yours faithfully

Sue Smith
Rights of Way Officer

To save your wading through the PDNPA website you can follow the link below to go straight to the Agenda and look up item #6;

http://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk/ie ... 1570&Ver=4

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Simply to provide you with an update.

I attended Aldern House, on behalf of the Manchester 17 MCC, and addressed the Meeting of the PDNPA ARP Committee yesterday. The meeting was to consider only the exemption section of the TRO.

The official audio recording can be found at;

http://www.audiominutes.com/p/player/pl ... id=pkdtnp#

The Committee still intends to apply a Permanent TRO thereby basically banning all recreational motor vehicles except for two named trials events; Bemrose and Reliance.

However, the exemption has responsibilities and duties attached to it and could be withdrawn so not an outright 'Right' to run.

Nevertheless, I see this outcome as a significant movement forward in our continuing efforts of endeavouring to build positive relationships with the PDNPA and hopefully the other user groups too.

TTFN

Hugh.

Apologies - I did not record that Alan Kind represented the ACU and Mike Gallagher the Poachers MCC, it was a Team effort.
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Ironic that it's OK to run 100+ bikes up there in a day, but 2 or 3 bikes a day on average over the whole year is banned.
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

It's the PDNPA of course it will be lost...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

To let you know that I have just been informed that the final paperwork has been completed by the PDNPA to close Washgate to all casual recreational motorists and that the Order comes into force on 21st July 2017.

Disappointing news, but yet some positivity on the other hand in that at least access for the Bemrose and Reliance Trials has been extended by annual application.

Apologies for not being able to keep it open all year for at least all motorcyclists but still part of a cake is better than none :huh:

TTFN

Hugh.
roger*200

Post by roger*200 »

Hugh wrote:Greetings folks,
To let you know that I have just been informed that the final paperwork has been completed by the PDNPA to close Washgate to all casual recreational motorists and that the Order comes into force on 21st July 2017.
Disappointing news, but yet some positivity on the other hand in that at least access for the Bemrose and Reliance Trials has been extended by annual application.
Apologies for not being able to keep it open all year for at least all motorcyclists but still part of a cake is better than none :huh:
TTFN
Hugh.
I went for a ride around hollins clough last week and had a look at the entrance to washgates. There is no sign to say that this lane is closed to motorised vehicles. Do the pdnpa not have a duty to correctly sign byways, therefore if there is no sign to inform you then there is no restriction.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

The lack of signage doesn't mean there is no restriction, however....

If a TRO is not signed then it would be a reasonable excuse for a member of the public to use that route being unaware that any restriction was in place and thereby use this as a legitimate defence to avoid a potential prosecution.

Two rather different situations, i'm sure you would agree.

However should a case result then it is also reasonable to presume that the prosecution might start looking for evidence and in these days that would most probably be including on your social media profile to see if you were genuinely unaware of the TRO. Also it might conceivably be that membership of the TRF might also be seen as detrimental to your case "surely the TRF informed all its members of the TRO?"

So no it's most probably not worth the risk and will only give the PDNPA an excuse to close it completely; you can almost hear them.....

"Look we've been more than generous in letting them use it twice a year and the plebs have gone and abused that; we have to close it!"

For the record I only know one recent closure in the PDNP, Derby Lane that has the proper signage installed, certainly Monksdale Lane doesn't and that's been downgraded to Bridleway
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Surely if there is no signage, and no obvious on the ground evidence for it being closed / TRO (eg gates locked, other obstructions), then how can Joe public know.

And what if you did get caught. I cant see any more than a verbal warning. I certainly cant see any other sort of law enforcement. Obviously if the lane has signage then it becomes a different matter.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

surely the TRF informed all its members of the TRO?"
Pull the other one, these days they are too scared to even give an opinion on a lanes legality when explicitly asked.
No they leave it all up to the local groups to find out for themselves.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”