Green lanes round Pontypridd

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Dirk

Re: Green lanes round Pontypridd

Post by Dirk »

Pisses me off, Farmers are at it burning scrub again all over the Beacons and blaming it on the YOOFS
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Farmers at Farmers are doing it too, it seems .. (27 march)

but it does grow back .. (yesterday) (9 april)
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

They do it because they know the grass and heather that their animals can graze on will grow back quick, but anything that takes a while like (god forbid) Trees have no chance, they have transformed the Beacons into the bleak landscape that it is, hardly any Ancient forest remains, its bloody criminal
Cone

Post by Cone »

So thought id take a quick trip over these byways tonight, but the farmer has totally blocked an entrance, to the point where you have to go over a steep slope to get around. The stockpile hes put on was too much for my bmw to get over and the side embankment looked like on too much of an incline so gave up.

But i had a closer look and farmer has buried his dead livestock in the pile. This is too much, who to i complain too??
Cone

Post by Cone »

JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Cone wrote:So thought id take a quick trip over these byways tonight, but the farmer has totally blocked an entrance, to the point where you have to go over a steep slope to get around. The stockpile hes put on was too much for my bmw to get over and the side embankment looked like on too much of an incline so gave up.

But i had a closer look and farmer has buried his dead livestock in the pile. This is too much, who to i complain too??
Environmental health? Council maybe as it could be seen as flytipping disposing of his waste
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

County Council Highways Dept for the obstruction

County Council Environmental health for the carcase dumping

County Council Trading Standards for animal cruelty.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Bang on Richard, RCT should be made aware and this fecking Farmer needs sorting !!!
Cone

Post by Cone »

The Sarge wrote:Bang on Richard, RCT should be mace aware and this fecking Farmer needs sorting !!!
Yes, I emailed environmental health and the rights of way officer. Hopefully that'll sort it.
I stated that it is a hazard to human health having decomposing carcasses on the legal right of way!
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Fines of up to £50,000 in front of a magistrate, or unlimited, plus up to 6 months inside before a higher court.

That's for the fly tipping. Obstructing the highway is another matter (also criminal).

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”