Riding solo on trails and off-road.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Jersey87

Re: Riding solo on trails and off-road.

Post by Jersey87 »

captinktm wrote:
Jersey87 wrote:Hi Steve

I'm heading out Bulgaria/Romania/Balkans way in a few weeks on a loaded 800GS.

If you have any suggestions on tracks/sights to aim for it'd be very much appreciated. (thumbs)

Cheers
Jersey

P.S Will also be riding solo so gently does it for me too
Hi Jersey, give me shout when you get here and we can do some great routes and I love camping wild! You should visit the Rilla mountains and the Pirin. There are route that cross both. But don't be camping in the National parks at this time of the year that just cost me 100 lev! When are you here?
Hi Captinktm

Rilla and Pirin added to the list (thumbs)

Looking at being in the Balkans/Bulgaria/Romania/Hungary area between (roughly) 26/8 - 5/9.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

kito wrote:
image_2016-08-06-4.jpg

Well loaded sounds like an awesome trip , looks like red diesel in those containers !!!
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Jersey87 wrote:
captinktm wrote:
Jersey87 wrote:Hi Steve

I'm heading out Bulgaria/Romania/Balkans way in a few weeks on a loaded 800GS.

If you have any suggestions on tracks/sights to aim for it'd be very much appreciated. (thumbs)

Cheers
Jersey

P.S Will also be riding solo so gently does it for me too
Hi Jersey, give me shout when you get here and we can do some great routes and I love camping wild! You should visit the Rilla mountains and the Pirin. There are route that cross both. But don't be camping in the National parks at this time of the year that just cost me 100 lev! When are you here?
Hi Captinktm

Rilla and Pirin added to the list (thumbs)

Looking at being in the Balkans/Bulgaria/Romania/Hungary area between (roughly) 26/8 - 5/9.
Well if you fancy teaming up then drop me a line captinktm.gmail.com
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

I've skied in the rila mountains from borovets, I'm there in September. I've seen posts about riding where you want. But what I want to do is ride up the pistes I've skied down. Will this be ok?
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

beddowsm wrote:I've skied in the rila mountains from borovets, I'm there in September. I've seen posts about riding where you want. But what I want to do is ride up the pistes I've skied down. Will this be ok?
I was riding in that area and took a look up the ski runs, but was stopped from the main climbs. There were tracks so I guess the local do it. Don't get caught as it just cost me 100 lev for camping and riding in the national park of which this is a part of. To be honest there are plenty of hills without using these.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

image_2016-08-07-3.jpeg
image_2016-08-07-3.jpeg (77.71 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
I went out for another couple of hours this morning
That's our house Behind the bike
image_2016-08-07.jpeg
image_2016-08-07.jpeg (219.43 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Maze and Sun Flowers are the main crops here, huge fields of them, the terrain reminds me of North Norfolk's rolling hills.
image_2016-08-07-2.jpeg
image_2016-08-07-2.jpeg (132.65 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
It's a bit of a mud fest in the early Spring time, but bone hard now in the 30+ deg heat.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Did a bit of solo trail bashing myself Steve , i reckon i did a good 30km of new trails , big stuff but new (thumbs)

WesleyDRZ400

Post by WesleyDRZ400 »

SteveW wrote: Maze and Sun Flowers are the main crops here, huge fields of them, the terrain reminds me of North Norfolk's rolling hills.
image_2016-08-07-2.jpeg
It's a bit of a mud fest in the early Spring time, but bone hard now in the 30+ deg heat.
If this was in North Norfolk riding sensible between fields every dog walker would be trying to stop you and after a few hours the police helicopter would get launched :lol:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

WesleyDRZ400 wrote:
SteveW wrote: Maze and Sun Flowers are the main crops here, huge fields of them, the terrain reminds me of North Norfolk's rolling hills.
image_2016-08-07-2.jpeg
If this was in North Norfolk riding sensible between fields every dog walker would be trying to stop you and after a few hours the police helicopter would get launched :lol:
:laugh: yeah I know!
The contrast between riding in the Bulgarian countryside and the U.K. Is night and day. It's surprising how similar the British and Bulgarian countryside is. Bulgaria is generally very green and has a familiar look to it.
johnnyboxer

Riding solo on trails and off-road.

Post by johnnyboxer »

I do a bit of solo trail riding in the uk

Having had a big crash at an event yesterday - I'm glad there was a kind lady there to pick me up & dust me down & and then she picked up my bike too

Bless her

She did say she could not kickstart it though
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”