TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
boboneleg

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by boboneleg »

First off I haven't scanned through nine pages so I may be wrong but we have a TRF director who posts fairly often on here and who's views I respect but as far as I can see he hasn't posted anything on this thread.

I'd really like to know his views on the situation within the TRF :)
one-legged adventurer
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

This thread reminds me a lot of the bickering in MAG - I'm glad my money stayed in my pocket.
Africa Twin
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

My membership comes out annually by direct debit and happy to pay that. The amount I use the green lanes it's a bargain. I don't post on the forum or get involved with the political side of the TRF.

When I first tried to get involved I gave up because it seemed that the TRF wanted to make every thing as complicated as it could be, this could be the local authorities rather than the TRF however I just felt that things were being made as difficult a possible rather than finding simple ways to show that objections could be made.

My biggest concern is the "are you local" attitude of TRF groups, It strikes me that as a TRF member I should be able to make contact with any TRF group ans say "Hi, I'm riding in your area soon I would like some info on lanes that are open/ closed." But it seems that that the local groups guard this like it's some kind of official secret and will have MI5 on the door if they divulge it. I'd happily put a few pennies in their local fighting fund for the info but it's just not really a cooperative like it should be.

Locally to me the groups have broke in two and there's so much bickering and point scoring between them when all I want to do is ride my motorbike. I set up my own group (focused more on adventure riding really) with out all the political BS.

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
kito

Post by kito »

I just don't get all the sneaking about, not sharing info and being secret. We (trail riders) are a small group so easy for the councils and the like to victimise us. I think the more the merrier lets all get out share the info and make are selfies seen . We are legal and have a right to it . The more people out on the trail the better be seen and proud of being responsible country side users
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

kito wrote:I just don't get all the sneaking about, not sharing info and being secret. We (trail riders) are a small group so easy for the councils and the like to victimise us. I think the more the merrier lets all get out share the info and make are selfies seen . We are legal and have a right to it . The more people out on the trail the better be seen and proud of being responsible country side users
Agree with the above comments re secrecy. Fortunately not all local groups are as you describe. I've both benefited from rides led by groups that I'm not member of and I've helped on rides specifically arranged for members from other groups.

The big problem facing the TRF at the moment lies elsewhere.
Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Crossrutted wrote:
Old Git Ray wrote:
Who is Mario ? Nooby question !
Some say he is a Rambler sleeper, now activated to destroy the TRF from within,

Other say he is the new Messiah, (only Herts TRF members say this btw)

But we call him the ........ (insert word of choice :lol: :lol: :lol: )
The last thing I am is a Mario supporter, I understand he has some good points, but to use the all saying Look, Signal, Manoeuvre, he has forgotten the first 2 which is where his main problem is. He has a sidekick from Herts TRF who keeps his head down, there is another director who also appears to be keeping his head down so not sure about his allegiances. The real problem is the remaining two who delete members posts at will, making threads very disjoined and one sided, ignore members requests for information and treat the membership as serfs.

If Mario is a "Sleeper" then we have at least one other "Sleeper" who is now active.

I pay my national membership to protect the trails we ride. I then interact with my local group and ride with them locally and further afield. All I can say is they support they have given me meets or exceeds my expectations.

My expectation is that the AGM in October will be manipulated in such a way as to ensure there is no vote concerning the directors. As a result of which all groups that don't use the forum and don't know what is going on will blindly follow, those that do use the forum will look for an alternative way of communicating and then leave.

For those who do attend the AGM, I suggest you ask the following question:
What payments have been made to TRF Directors and how has it been broken down.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Marionette wrote:
Interesting line of questioning - suggests improper use of funds.

Could the accounts records be being Sabotaged)?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Genuine question - can someone please use the word 'allegedly' and post up on here what is supposedly going on with the TRF directors rather than us having to read between the lines? :S

I'd like to know but from this topic I'm none the wiser... :S
I am a TRF member. I don't visit the TRF forum. I don't go to TRF meetings.

Let's have it in black and white what these directors have done that's pissing everyone off...?

(Allegedly :laugh: :laugh: )
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Crossrutted wrote:
Marionette wrote:
Interesting line of questioning - suggests improper use of funds.

Could the accounts records be being Sabotaged)?
There is no suggestion of inappropriate use of funds.
I am just suggesting the question needs to be asked and the answer interrogated as I believe the answer may be interesting. Not sure if the question has been asked but certain it will not have been answered.

Who monitors the monitors?
Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Scott_rider wrote:Genuine question - can someone please use the word 'allegedly' and post up on here what is supposedly going on with the TRF directors rather than us having to read between the lines? :S

I'd like to know but from this topic I'm none the wiser... :S
I am a TRF member. I don't visit the TRF forum. I don't go to TRF meetings.

Let's have it in black and white what these directors have done that's pissing everyone off...?

(Allegedly :laugh: :laugh: )
There is no allegedly about anything, there are facts and there are unanswered question.
Fact 1 2014 Mario was reappointed a director without a vote.
Fact 2 At least one director is acting as a contractor
Fact 3 Directors are being asked questions by e-mail or on the forum and either refuse to answer or hide the answer saying the question is invalid or something similar
Fact 4 Posts on the TRF Forum are being deleted
Fact 5 The only non-director with the ability to remove posts has stated he is not responsible.
Fact 6 At least 2 members have had their right make posts on the forum removed for a period for asking questions about the directors leadership or integrity.
Fact 7 New Article and Byelaws have been written that are now being interpreted in such a way as to enable directors to take action that should not have been intended.
Fact 8 Three of the directors are noticed by their absence on the forum at present
Fact 9 the majority of posts on the forum over the last month have related to the actions of the Directors or lack of answers being provided by the directors.

We could go on and quote many more, but sufficient for today.

Because of answer being given or more likely not given by the directors it is throwing suspicion on their activities and in a membership organisation this is not healthy.

Four directors have resigned with dignity and so far not washed their dirty linen in public. The others could have done the same, but unfortunately for them they are standing behind cabinet responsibility and have buried their heads in the sand with respect to the potential outcome for their character.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”