TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Marionette

TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by Marionette »

What has happened to the TRF in the last year or so.
Can't post on their forum as it is just deleted if it does not follow corporate policy.
Rummors of several breakaway organisations being formed under the banner FRT.
I understand this means they are moving back to their routes.
If anybody has information it would help as don't want to waste membership which is due in a couple of months.
Tramp

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by Tramp »

You dont have to be a member of the trf to ride legal byeways..im not.

Also the regional groups have their own web sites and vary hugely in friendlyness...

Hello and welcom.to Abr anyway....we do local trail ride groups/ outings or host one yourself....

I ride uk and europe trails....as do others.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Marionette wrote:What has happened to the TRF in the last year or so.
Can't post on their forum as it is just deleted if it does not follow corporate policy.
If anybody has information it would help as don't want to waste membership which is due in a couple of months.
The TRF have done a lot to keep lanes open when threatened with TROs. I must admit there are things I don't like about the style of management but if I don't like it I could always try and change it... But don't.

I don't think it's likely to disappear in the near future.
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

Dissolutioned for me. Had a problem with two local legal lanes (one under threat and one with a continued obstacle placed by a local opposition) and they were not interested. Borders too many trf groups and no one to take it up. tried myself with footpaths officer but no joy.
what to do? could moan, but just stopped my renewal to trf and will ride what is available.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

They're fighting a loosing battle anyway, it's not if they go extinct, but when.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Marionette wrote:What has happened to the TRF in the last year or so.
Apt choice of name Mario, for your 1st post :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Just a troll, I suspect, and best ignored.

You might remember someone putting a post on here a while ago blaming the TRF for inventing group riding and other fictions...he stirred up an argument then didn't respond when presented with the facts. I have no ideas what his motives were.

Truth of the matter is that TRF membership is growing, as is its effectiveness. Some members disagree with some of the policies, some grumble about change in the organisation...business as usual, because it's been like this since I first joined in the 1970s!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

When someone points me at an alternative group that fights to keep routes open and actively supports the legal right of motorcyclists to use those routes I might consider joining it but I can't see anything open to me as an option right now.

I'll admit that if all you want to do is post on a forum for trail riders and not help keep routes open then the TRF is an expensive way to do it but don't come crying when everywhere is closed to us and don't blame the TRF for those closures.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

[email protected] wrote:I must admit there are things I don't like about the style of management
johnnyboxer wrote:Apt choice of name Mario, for your 1st post :whistle:
Ha ha! Well spotted JB! He could've put a coffee cup as his avatar to make it more obvious to the rest of us. ;)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
petecam

Post by petecam »

Weird 1st post if genuine....

And if you were concerned about the TRF surely better to contact the TRF about your membership?

If a troll..then I would say this. You have some deep rooted emotional issues, possibly very insecure and gain pleasure from spiting others to distract from your own sad state of affairs. If so **** off and get some medical help and leave us to our bike riding.

Cheers
Pete

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”