TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Scott_rider

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by Scott_rider »

2 of the current 5 directors of the TRF used to be in business together for a number of years...probably coincidence but just sayin' :whistle:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
3BsBiking

Post by 3BsBiking »

Mike54 wrote:
MikeIrving wrote:....the members are the owners, the Directors are voluntary "caretakers" and the money ( even if we can afford it) is not for them to spend on Hotels and expenses when they only live a couple of hours away.
I see nothing in the new articles as at 2015 filed at companies house which state that the members are the owners. Can you elaborate please and clarify?
By legal definition of a company limited by guarantee, it has no owners. It has members who have control of it.
A member could not for example sell their membership to someone else to transfer their portion of ownership, as they could sell their shares in a company limited by shares.
Ultimate control is with the membership who must elect at least one director for the day to day running of the company. So if members are not happy with the way it's being run, they have the power to act.
I have made my proxy vote, roll on the AGM!
Biker B&B and trail riding centre in the Limousin, France.

www.3BsBiking.com
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

3bs-unfortunately the last few AGM's and votes have been "organised" in such a manner as make changing directors as difficult as possible. Members opinions are not recorded in minutes, however overblown reports of director achievements are.
The TRF is bleeding to death behind "smoke & mirrors"...........unless the membership gets off it's butt and insists the directors change their behaviours.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Scott_rider wrote:2 of the current 5 directors of the TRF used to be in business together for a number of years...probably coincidence but just sayin' :whistle:
As it is a matter of public record-which ones?
(PM if you prefer)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I've PM'd you.
3BsBiking

Post by 3BsBiking »

Crossrutted wrote:3bs-unfortunately the last few AGM's and votes have been "organised" in such a manner as make changing directors as difficult as possible. Members opinions are not recorded in minutes, however overblown reports of director achievements are.
The TRF is bleeding to death behind "smoke & mirrors"...........unless the membership gets off it's butt and insists the directors change their behaviours.
The only way to change the behaviour of some of the current directorship is to remove their power IMO, anything else will just come back round to bite the members in the butt later on.
Quite a few of our group have not renewed their membership and I shan't be renewing unless there's radical action at the AGM. Funny how they don't publish numbers of non renewing members.....
This AGM does give the membership the power to change things, it just remains to be seen if enough have the will to do so.

Btw have never seen a bigger piece of 'puff' than the marketing report.

www.3BsBiking.com
3BsBiking

Post by 3BsBiking »

Scott_rider wrote:I've PM'd you.
Can you pm me too please? B)

www.3BsBiking.com
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Done
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm sorry but making making a public statement claiming that 2 out of 5 directors worked together but only naming them by PM is a pretty stupid thing to do because it leaves 3 people potentially implicated but with no chance to clear their names.

Bad luck on the other 3 but never mind, at least they know they're not the ones having the finger pointed at them :unsure:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

AndyB wrote:I'm sorry but making making a public statement claiming that 2 out of 5 directors worked together but only naming them by PM is a pretty stupid thing to do because it leaves 3 people potentially implicated but with no chance to clear their names.

Bad luck on the other 3 but never mind, at least they know they're not the ones having the finger pointed at them :unsure:
Mate...all you ever do is pick holes in everything that people post on here. It really pisses me off :evil:

Anyway, all the information is available to ANYONE on companycheck.co.uk or on the gov.uk website and by doing 2 minutes of cross-checking of names.

I was being polite, not stupid, by not mentioning the names of the two who were associated in business.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”