Learner lanes in Lancashire/Cheshire

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
The Mancunian

Learner lanes in Lancashire/Cheshire

Post by The Mancunian »

Can anyone recommend a few lanes to get to know a new bike on round Lancy/Cheshire?
BikesAndTravels

Re: Learner lanes in Lancashire/Cheshire

Post by BikesAndTravels »

Georges Lane, Horwich. Runs close to Rivington Pike. Rocky and bumpy but navigable even on a road bike. Perfectly legal too. Don't try to go updown the Easterly side though unless you're VERY good off road.
Bikes And Travels
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Your more than welcome to tag along with us one week end, there are a few local lads to you new to green lanes and eager to get out (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Jayrob

Post by Jayrob »

Rederic wrote:Your more than welcome to tag along with us one week end, there are a few local lads to you new to green lanes and eager to get out (thumbs)
Where you based Redric need to get out on my bike
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

The Mancunian wrote:Can anyone recommend a few lanes to get to know a new bike on round Lancy/Cheshire?
Hi
What bike do you have?
I only ask that because what's fairly simple and learner friendly on a light trail bike can be more challenging on a GSA.
I don't think there is much in Cheshire. There's more in Lancashire.
I can recommend some stuff for you, but I'd want to know what bike you have. I would definitely advise you not to go alone, tag along with a mate or a group, we are out this Sunday, oh and join the TRF if you get the bug (thumbs)
The Mancunian

Post by The Mancunian »

Cheers lads. I ain't a novice rider by any stretch of the imagination, read that as an old fooker ;) I used to do a bit of laning, but not for a good while and have no idea if the same roads are still legal. The last bike being a KLR300. Currently got a TTR250 to ease my way back in, but saying that it's a cracking machine and pretty nimble for an old un.
I have recently been out with a couple of TRF lads up Yorky and really enjoyed it despite going snorkeling. I could do with somewhere just to nip off and practise if you like midweek for a couple of hours or so, to refine my riding and get a bit trail fit.
Maybe learner lanes was the wrong word in the title, practise would have been better. I'd love to tag along though, much appreciated. Can't do this weekend but ok after that (thumbs)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Just sent you a PM
The Mancunian

Post by The Mancunian »

BikesAndTravels wrote:Georges Lane, Horwich. Runs close to Rivington Pike. Rocky and bumpy but navigable even on a road bike. Perfectly legal too. Don't try to go up\down the Easterly side though unless you're VERY good off road.

Correct, tried it a few weeks ago on the Smt, not easy with Supercorsas on :S

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”