Bamford clough ever to re-open?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Tom94

Bamford clough ever to re-open?

Post by Tom94 »

Bamford closed in roughly october 2013, still closed now? I went to check the lane out to see if work had been done a couple of months back and nothing had been touched. Is it the end of bamford does anyone know?
Hugh

Re: Bamford clough ever to re-open?

Post by Hugh »

Bamford Clough, BOAT.

Greeting folks,

Some of you may be unaware that DCC has extended its consultation regarding a one-way ETRO on the BOAT at Bamford Clough.

GLASS responded to the original consultation in Feb/March 2022 and indicated that, as an organisation, it is prepared to support the proposal for a one-way uphill TRO for all vehicles. The letter made it clear that GLASS was disappointed that the authority had tarmacked the route and in so doing created a safety concern, particularly for horse riders and cyclists.

If you as individuals have already responded to the February consultation then there is apparently no need to do so again, otherwise you could use this opportunity to do so and record your support. I would suggest that all MPV users should support the one-way order, as the local parish council and residents, plus GLEAM et al, will surely be pushing for a complete closure to MPVs. We believe that a one way ETRO is a reasonable compromise in the circumstances, bearing in mind it can still be amended before it becomes permanent, if it is shown to be unnecessary. I attach the relevant letter and invite you to support GLASS for the sole purpose of the ETRO.

Please do not add any alternative management methods at this point.

TTFN

Hugh.

Ps the 'old' TRO has ended even though there is still signage, barriers, etc strewn around the area (or there was when I visited last month). Clearly people have been walking and cycling along it and there was a gap that a motorcycle could fit through :roll:

Bamford Clough Plan.jpg
Bamford Clough Plan.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 1772 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”