salisbury plain ..Bombadier shelter no more

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Tramp

salisbury plain ..Bombadier shelter no more

Post by Tramp »

Hi folks..
we out on a very wet plain today and as usual passed the Bombadier opps post...they have errected a fence and installed two locked gates to prevent entrance ...there was a notice but didnt have my glasses along :whistle: ...

so no more pics with the tanks then...

upside they have installed new signs for "permitted access" to some parts of the plain namely the northern perimiter tank trail that runs alongside the gravel road (thumbs) ..very nice woops and some big mud holes..also some of the byeways that folks didnt now about are now signed as permitted access...

still a great place but shame the Bomb shelter is out of bounds..the stones byeways are still open but no campers or cars along it :laugh: ..just Roosting ccm`s :S
herman

Re: salisbury plain ..Bombadier shelter no more

Post by herman »

Strictly speaking the op went the same time as honeydown bottom which I did not realise. That tank trail is a result tho. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Frog

Post by Frog »

Last one of these then.

boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I've got a map of what new byways there are and what's stopped-up Russ, trouble is I lent it to someone and haven't had it back. If I get it back I'll scan it and post it up.
one-legged adventurer
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

bum
always wanted to see that view
also one round there with a Lynx chopper?
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

I take it the ccm is back on top form after it's recent troubles?
Not all those wandering are lost
Ruiz

Post by Ruiz »

Tramp wrote:...

upside they have installed new signs for "permitted access" to some parts of the plain namely the northern perimiter tank trail that runs alongside the gravel road (thumbs) ..very nice woops and some big mud holes..also some of the byeways that folks didnt now about are now signed as permitted access...
... but be careful when riding that tank trail. It looks like an easy one, but I found it very slippery when wet. Being smooth and getting a bit of speed so that the chalky mud is spit out of the tyres helps.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”