Re: north to south wales on the green lanes

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
kito

Post by kito »

Hi do we have a date set ? my original plan was to start in the north heading south but it seems you guys want to head north . dont know if the is a difference or if the trails are better this way. If we start in the south do you know of a good tyre shop so I can ride down on trashed tyres and fit some nice rubber for the trails ahead ?
thanks kito
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Touratech hq is near where I started from, would seem a good a place as any to fit tyres.
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

kito wrote:Hi do we have a date set ? my original plan was to start in the north heading south but it seems you guys want to head north . dont know if the is a difference or if the trails are better this way. If we start in the south do you know of a good tyre shop so I can ride down on trashed tyres and fit some nice rubber for the trails ahead ?
thanks kito
check your pm's kito
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

mike is there going to be a difference north to south or south to north? south to north works better for me...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Orlando_Orange wrote:mike is there going to be a difference north to south or south to north? south to north works better for me...
No real difference. I prefer south to north as the trails are better down south. The ones from the north ales coast are a bit crAp until you reach Llangollen or betwy s coed depending on the route you take.
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

south to north better for me and i think we will ease into it , certainly the sarn helen is easier south to north thinking of the river crossing and those lovely rock steps
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

cheers mike

kito (and luckiegar), i think south to north is better - kito if you send me an email as per my pm i will explain further as to my thinking...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

HAMMERHEAD wrote:Is this a regular yearly run? Can you make it so? Wouldnt mind doing this myself south - north but I need to get a few more runs on the lanes under my belt first.
it certainly could be - all it needs is someone to organise it each year....

mods could you combine the two threads on this topic please?

cheers
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

ok here is the deal so far theres three of us doing this trip all on big bikes , are there any other nutters , sorry thinking out loud , abr s up for it theres me on a 990 adventure , kito on an xr 400 , and orlando orange on a bmw 650 x challenge , dont know if they have met but i havnt met them ,the plan loosely is to ride a route from south wales to north wales , taking in the sarn helen , strata florida , the main trails around rhayader the way farer , and many more , were carrying our kit , and it wont be easy , but it a challenge and if we work together it might be possible were going the first weekend in august , camping near swansea on the friday night heading of on saturday morning ,the trip will run into monday maybe tuesday more people more chance , any one else fancy it
APD_660Ten

Re: Re: north to south wales on the green lanes

Post by APD_660Ten »

tempting! Have you guys got a date yet?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”