Re: north to south wales on the green lanes

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

hello there any space left on this trip for one more thanks Paul. P.s if your still looking for a campsite for friday have you looked at Gower perhaps Port Eynon?
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

yes thought of there but a bit away from start of trail i got no probs with one more many hands make light work lol :P
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

pm sent
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

pm returned paul
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Enjoy the ride lads. Wish I was coming. Take loads of pics,looking forward to the report.

Ride safe.
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

will do thanks , bike ready to go , put mefo sport mx master on front ,as mefo explorer I had on front was useless in any slick stuff , other way know reckon front will grip in sticky stuff but scary on road anyway slow ride down to start , gone for the water proof bags to carry tack used gaffer tape to hold heat resistant mats on inside and plenty of bungies , have got the boxes but they weight 12 kg empty and need to save as much weight as possible no comments about the rider ,mike believe you supplied us with route not the one lane by motel not done that for a while that will challenge also the track from the abbey ,to the clerwyn got a strap for pulling bikes out on that one any way as long as we have a laugh
IMGP0073_1.JPG
IMGP0073_1.JPG (62.25 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

:woohoo: Dont forget your depth sticks for the strata....might be a few ktm900's already swimming....as we should be up there before you guys as we start at sennybridge..gonna be slippy on them rocks..

you aint going over the monks trod are you :side:
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

no not the trod , most the other stuff though, those bags on my bike are floatation devices really :P
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

beginning to get itchy with anticipation for this....

unfortunately my auxiliary fuel tank may not work without adaptation that i cannot carry out before tomorrow so i might by limited by the tiny fuel tank on my bike.... still, with the bowser, i mean 990 topped up we should have enough betweenus for whatever!!

tramp, not sure if we'll catch you or just see you in rhayader..
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

No prob Chris...there is anice cafe and fuel station at sennybridge on route to the Roman Road which should get you to Rhyadaer no probs..

We aint rushing just going for a play and pics..I have lots of Forest stuff that never done so if its pissing down we`ll be in the woods being Holigans :woohoo: ..I mean respectful riders ;)

have any of your group got the strata florida thing mike beddows did for ABr magazine as it has the right and wrong way to cross the streams if water is deep or fast flowing.. :woohoo:

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”