Rallymoto Sprint - Sunday 26th May

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I know this has been resurrected in another thread but thought it needed a dedicated plug, especially as entries close this Friday and there is a real risk it won't go ahead unless we can get more entries.

http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/cont ... print-2013

This event is EASY, a perfect introduction to Rally Racing and excellent for beginners.

Coupled with that is the great social side, with a really friendly vibe in the paddock

Entry list can be seen here http://www.fabian4.co.uk/start/list.aspx?EventID=846

Come on you know you want to give it a go :laugh:
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mike54

Re: Rallymoto Sprint - Sunday 26th May

Post by Mike54 »

Entries close on the 17th Tony I think, but I agree with the sentiment, it would be a huge huge shame if it didn't go ahead and yes, it's very easy terrain and no demand to go fast if you don't want to/don't feel comfortable doing so.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

My Email says 17th
Really hope I can make it but depends on the damage that I have done to the 400, still waiting the prognosis :(
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If it was a choice between everyone who's entered paying a bit extra or the event being cancelled I'd sooner stump up the cash than miss out on a day at Sweet Lamb.

It'll be great; it's a bank holiday weekend so there's no need to rush off home to be ready for work the next day and if we get a bit of decent weather in the run up to it there won't be any boggy bits where the bigger bikes try to use anyone on a 2-stroke to get extra traction B)

I'm tempted to stop over in Wales and do something extra the next day because it's a fair old trek for me so I might as well get value for money when it comes to the fuel costs involved in getting there.
IJnoGSer

Post by IJnoGSer »

How much is the entry fee?
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

£65 for 6 hours racing :)
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

last year
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Iam in :)

Will be on a lardy Dakar, so not planning on being competitive, but seeing it as a great opportunity to ride gravel tracks on a WRC special stage (EX?) without fear of somebody coming the other way.

Looking forward to it
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

For anyone thinking of having a go, don't let the start of the video (lyndon) put you off. He was the fastest on the day and whilst there are some quick guys, everyone is graded ability wise (you grade yourself) so you're not going to be setting off at the same time as guys like him.
skygod

Post by skygod »

I`m in ;)
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”