Repairing a puncture on the trail.

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
steve the grease

Re: Repairing a puncture on the trail.

Post by steve the grease »

Great video on a subject we could all do with some help with. It's no good moaning about how this forum is going down hill ( is it?) and doing nothing. If loads of people loaded up videos similar to this puncture repair video then we would have a busy and vibrant forum . Love the modded tools by the way. I must go and do a few pictures of my own poor attempts at tool modding , then I can do a 'What tools do you carry on the trail' type post I'll get out there with my camera tonight............
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Like your tools :)
Do you have a preferred method of patching? Or just use a new tube?
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

qcnr wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:52 am Like your tools :)
Do you have a preferred method of patching? Or just use a new tube?
If you are going to repair a puncture on the trail then invest in some proper patches and glue. No, not from the shop, go to a friendly tyre shop no, not quickfit or one of those outlets, a street corner one. Buy the commercial patches and glue. You will also need a good rough bit of emery cloth to rough up the area around the puncture. I feel another vid coming on.
I also carry a front tube, so if it's getting dark or I have a long way to go then in she goes.
Brainfency

Post by Brainfency »

That is very usfull reparing training, thanks

Return to “HOW TO..........”