Power Commander Autotune CONFUSION

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Seminole

Power Commander Autotune CONFUSION

Post by Seminole »

Been fiddling today, welded the fitting for the o2 sensor onto my exhaust and just started reading the setup instruction and it says:

"A switch can be wired into the PCV to be used to toggle between base map and learning mode. Any SPST (open/close) switch can be used. When the switch is OPEN the PCV will be running on the base map. When the switch is CLOSED the PCV will go into learn mode and Autotune will start making fuel trim adjustments."

Now hold on...that is the same as saying if no switch is even connected then it is running in Basemap mode, so in other words the autotune wont even work if you don't have a switch fitted, yet it says you dont have to fit a switch, its an option.?

So is this BACK TO FRONT typo IN THE INSTRUCTIONS?, or am I missing something?
magwych

Re: Power Commander Autotune CONFUSION

Post by magwych »

OPEN = not connected. CLOSED = connected.
So, if you fit the switch then switch it "open" i.e."off" then the O2 sensor is not connected, the PCV uses the mapping table that has been loaded into it. With the switch "closed", i.e "On", then the O2 sensor is connected and Autotune can use the feedback from it to trim the map.
Does that help?

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Nope, thats my point, if an open switch means no use of 02 sensor therefore no autotune, then that is the same as not having a switch connected at all, in which case if you don't have a switch fitted the autotune module and sensor don't work, which is daft as you are supposed to be able to use it without a switch.

If the switch being closed equalled use of the sensor then that would make sense.

I don't get it, the unit can't know a switch is fitted untill it is closed.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Aaha just read further, you tell the unit whether or not it has a switch fitted in one of the the software setup screens...makes sense now.
Bloody fuel injection software malarky, I'm still in the age of mainjets and float needles

Return to “HOW TO..........”