Tips for changing tyre /fixing a puncture: 21" tyre without nipping the tube.

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
WIBO

Re: Tips for changing tyre /fixing a puncture: 21" tyre without nipping the tube.

Post by WIBO »

pinball1008 wrote:I know a lot of posters on here swear by the buzetti levers to avoid pinching their tubes, but your top to put a burr on existing levers is brilliant. Thank you for taking the trouble to post pictures and description of the whole process. (thumbs)

Indeed...., very good levers,but for me just too long and bulky....won't fit in a bum bag for the enduro bikes.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

:)

Will It Buff Out?
mark vb

Re: Tips for changing tyre /fixing a puncture: 21" tyre without nipping the tube.

Post by mark vb »

Thanks for that, very useful info. Can we now please have your tips for the rear tyre!
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

mark vb wrote:Thanks for that, very useful info. Can we now please have your tips for the rear tyre!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Coffee-keyboard

I was afraid someone was going to ask that.

We all know what " they're " like to change...

Will It Buff Out?
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

top post and worth printing off and leaving in with the tools if you have not changed a tyre before

steve
geoham

Post by geoham »

Great post WIBO and a few good tips there with the Burred lever and using the shower gel or shampoo (thumbs)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Treadtrader wrote:A good informative post, I'm sure it'll help many on here who haven't dabbled in the black art of tyre changing.
I've been asked to do similar but find as a pro of over 45 years experience I take for granted people know the basics.
I'd only add that I carry a small can of WD40 as a general lube and maintenance spray. Easy to spray into bead before removal and dries quickly after.

In the trade we use tyre levers on a daily basis, my preferred brand is Gedore, range from 8" to 24", I carry three 8" ideal for the job and a far better shape than the stuff on eBay etc.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oooooohhhhh.. I bet the 8" ones look sexy!!!

I must have a wee net search to have a peep at those: thanks for heads up. (thumbs)

Will It Buff Out?
Treadtrader

Tips for changing tyre /fixing a puncture: 21" tyre without nipping the tube.

Post by Treadtrader »

A good informative post, I'm sure it'll help many on here who haven't dabbled in the black art of tyre changing.
I've been asked to do similar but find as a pro of over 45 years experience I take for granted people know the basics.
I'd only add that I carry a small can of WD40 as a general lube and maintenance spray. Easy to spray into bead before removal and dries quickly after.

In the trade we use tyre levers on a daily basis, my preferred brand is Gedore, range from 8" to 24", I carry three 8" ideal for the job and a far better shape than the stuff on eBay etc.
ImageImage

Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

WIBO wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:A good informative post, I'm sure it'll help many on here who haven't dabbled in the black art of tyre changing.

ImageImage

I must have a wee net search to have a peep at those:thanks for heads up.

Those are 8" in the pics, £12 each plus post, I have a few in stock.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

Treadtrader wrote:

I must have a wee net search to have a peep at those:thanks for heads up.

Those are 8" in the pics, £12 each plus post, I have a few in stock.[/quote]

I knew you'd be on this topic!
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

This guy offers great simple tips on tyre changing ...unfortunately he's in America, but the system is the same

Return to “HOW TO..........”