The Tarenig Rally - 25th June 2017 (Wales)

Win free stuff
Lulo

The Tarenig Rally - 25th June 2017 (Wales)

Post by Lulo »

- http://rallymoto.co.uk/rallymoto-roadbo ... june-25th/

The Tarenig Rally, a one day roadbook navigational challenge, forms part of the RallyMoto Cup for the Rally Class and part of the Big Big Rally Challenge for the Adventure Class. The event is to be held in the heart of Wales and will take advantage of a fantastic route through multiple forest areas using tracks, fire roads and public highways. The start venue is at the Sweet Lamb Motor Sport Complex.

RallyMoto Cup / Rally Class

The course will be navigated by an FIM standard cross country roadbook. Competitors will have to have their own navigation equipment and accurate ICO. The course length for the Rally Class is 200km. Competitors should note that speed zone restrictions will apply and an accurate speedometer would be advantageous. All competitors will be GPS tracked for course accuracy and speed.

The Rally Class route will include more demanding and technical terrain, which we deem suitable for the majority of “adventure bikes”.

The course will include a number of check points and riders must make their checkpoint on time. The check points will get tighter and tighter throughout the day and riders will not be permitted to leave a check before their allowed time.

There will be separate classes for rally and RallyLite machines.

Big Bike Rally Challenge / Adventure Class – over 575cc

The course will be navigated with a simpler roadbook designed to be used with the bikes own trip. As this is not as accurate the roadbook will provide more information of the route and will be reset approximately every 10km. The length of the course will be approx 140km and consist of main fire roads, large tracks and public highways. Competitors will be GPS tracked and speed zones will apply, these will be clearly marked on the roadbook.

Checkpoint times for the Adventure class will be very relaxed and easy to achieve – the results will be determined on accuracy of navigation via the GPS tracking system.

Should “adventure class” riders wish to have a go – there will be the option to hire a basic roadbook holder, which can be attached to the bike simply with cable ties. (This should returned post event)

There will be separate classes for single and multi-cylinder machines.

Enter online here: http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=1779 (thumbs)
- LULO -
Lulo

Re: The Tarenig Rally - 25th June 2017 (Wales)

Post by Lulo »

Signed Up!!! :woohoo: :side: :silly: :laugh: (thumbs)
- LULO -
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

See you there Lulo, I'll be marshalling
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

It was one of the tighter and more technical rallies last time I rode it back in 2008ish on a CCM644.
The Tarenig and the PJM rally were my favourites (thumbs) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Couple of tight bits but lots of very open fast sections. Sadly I can't do this one, as I'll be en route to Switzerland but it's a great event. Also big bike friendly too.
Lulo

Post by Lulo »

Mad Cow wrote: See you there Lulo, I'll be marshalling

Ok!, see you there Tony ;)
- LULO -

Return to “COMPETITIONS”