Big Bike Rally Challenge

Win free stuff
herman

Re: Big Bike Rally Challenge

Post by herman »

I will post nearer the time but for the D2D you folks are more than welcome to share our pit gazebo, its normally manned for the full 24hrs which is handy when you come in with something broken on the bike or need a bit of encouragement. Orlando Orange we usually take 4 bikes so there will be room for yours and/or gear, Hafren we usually have a few more attendees but we can sort that out nearer the time. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

That's a generous offer Herman
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

cheers herman, put me down for a spot in the van for the D2D

:)

Edit: now booked for the Ryedale Rally!! Anyone else going up to that from the South?
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Yep, got my entry in last night!

I'll be schlepping up the A1 from Stevenage
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
dash

Post by dash »

Yep, I'm booked in for the Ryedale too.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

You lads on the big KTM's, out of interest what front tyre are you using for the events?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mike54 wrote:You lads on the big KTM's, out of interest what front tyre are you using for the events?
For the sprint I've got a Pirelli scorpion pro on the front and a mich dessert rear. 950 Adv
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

How'd you find the front on hard terrain Mike? I've got a Mefo MX Master front and it's pretty squirmy on anything hard. Suspect I need to lower the pressure.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mike54 wrote:How'd you find the front on hard terrain Mike? I've got a Mefo MX Master front and it's pretty squirmy on anything hard. Suspect I need to lower the pressure.
Havent had it long, and upgraded from a worn TKC so the scorp pro is much better. Had it at 20psi but was finding it was smacking the rim on rocky terrain. So had it set at 25psi last weekend in the Dales and it coped a lot better. At 20 it was afwul to ride on tarmac....well, slowly anyway. Speed helps!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Just a warning for all....I last checked my front pads about 3 weeks ago (I only use the bike at weekends for trail rides, so thats 2 trail weekends since the last check, call it 600 miles max) and there was loads of life. Ive got a new rear disc and pads on order but thought Id check my fronts.....and the pads are pretty much down to the metal. Would have spoiled next weekend if I hadnt checked.

So, if youre in doubt to the state of things best give the bikes a once over and make sure they are rally ready!

Return to “COMPETITIONS”