They are on the way to the Elephant

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
African Biker

Re: They are on the way to the Elephant

Post by African Biker »

Great Bike that, have fun :):)
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I had quite a few test rides before buying it, had one on the VFR1200F which proved to be a balistic misile in disguise.
The only real thing against it is the price, I got a good deal from Alum Duffus.
The weight is carried low on the Super Ten, so it is easy to throw it about.
You have to watch though, at one point after going to sport mode to pass a group of cars, I found that i was scaping my boots going round the next corner, obviously making a bit too much progress. :)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

A few images of the destination...

This bring back memories Alun?
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

The snow does not look that bad, we could have that level of snow here by the weekend.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Just had yippy on the phone sounds like he is having the time of his life. Just makes me want to be there all the more next year. Says he is under-equiped but now knows what to take next year.

Got him to pose so got a snap of him from the web cam at the gate.

Ok could be anyone but you try explaing to some one 1500K away what to do when there is so much going on around him.
Gary117

Post by Gary117 »

Good luck.

Looks so cold.
2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Kenbo, Have you phoned John to tell him to get back quick, as the big freeze is hitting central Europe, even the sea is freezing in places.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Steve T wrote:Good luck & safe riding to him - - - tell him via some means that he needs a GB sticker for the back of his bike - - Feds in Europe will use any excuse to remove some wonga from his pockets.

Steve T

B)
How many people do you know who've been nicked for not having a GB sticker, preferably as a percentage of the total amount of British riders who go to Europe every year?

I've been going at least 4 times every year for the last 15 years or so, never displayed a sticker and never been nicked so I suspect you're just being paranoid. I've picked up plenty of fines for speeding etc but none for lack of a poxy little sticker, none for headlights dipping the wrong way, none for lack of a first aid kit, hi-vis jacket, warning triangle or any number of things we're told we need before we go over there.

They're not out to get us but the more people that claim they are the fewer people who will ever get to see other countries.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Dark Knight wrote:Kenbo, Have you phoned John to tell him to get back quick, as the big freeze is hitting central Europe, even the sea is freezing in places.
I recived a text from him on Sun night "1277 miles in 18 hours Now sitting with a vodka"
He left there at 11am on Sat and he could only desribe the place to me as "awsum" pics and films look amazing and he is working on putting a disc together of his experiance.

I def going next year with him. Starting to reserch what kit I need to get for it.
James691

Post by James691 »

Well done Yippe :) never had a doubt mate! Looking forward to the report B)
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”