500miles of Walkies on the Welsh bits of the TET!

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Brenhden

Re: 500miles of Walkies on the Welsh bits of the TET!

Post by Brenhden »

MudFing wrote: ↑Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:24 pm It was a bit of a project a couple of years ago, runs a wr125 engine, details here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=44042

I thought I recognised it, that really is a super professional job and a great looking front end :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Cool pic's.
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 am
MudFing wrote: ↑Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:24 pm It was a bit of a project a couple of years ago, runs a wr125 engine, details here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=44042

I thought I recognised it, that really is a super professional job and a great looking front end :)
Cheers, Still pretty chuffed with how it turned out, my missus is only about 7 stone and it's the first bike she's had where the suspension actually works, we spent ages changing all the oils/spacers etc but well worth it in the end! :D
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

threepot wrote: ↑Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 am I was there recently!☺
Ha, I don't think that bit of forestry track even went anywhere did it? Just purpose made for ABR posing pictures! Did you ride the Strata Florida too? Comes out around 1 mile up the road! 8-)
Last edited by MudFing on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

XF650 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am That trek is so cool! You've got one happy mutt too ha ha!

Love to take the ol' XT225 there for a few days, maybe with a tent, any map I can download?

Thanks for posting! :-)
No formal map as such - we followed a lot of the tet route, it was a loop made up of basically - The Bastard/Mach loop climb - Over the hills down to Aberdovey, back over Cader Idris - down to Nant Y Moch - over the hills to Sweet Lamb (these trails are a bit hard to find, sort of old goat tracks throught the hills - a chainsaw would have been useful) - Through the Bwlch Nant yr Arian Forest - Down to Devils Bridge and onto the Strata Florida - Then across the reservoir to Rhayader and up to Llangurig following the old army road. Approx 450miles total I think...but very do-able on an xt225 :) ...We Live at the start of the Bastard trail so feel free to pop in and say hi if you want some route advice/ a brew! :)

Tink - The quad is a Yamaha Raptor 350.
markoh

Post by markoh »

Have you toured with the quad? What is it like on roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

markoh wrote: ↑Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 am Have you toured with the quad? What is it like on roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No major road mileage. Its pretty poor on the road, 50mph tops and feels very tippy in corners unless you get your positioning right. Fun on trails though.

That said, i used to have a canam renegade 800 and that was great for touring, would carrry 200kg on the racks, 80mph, rear diff, 4wd, winch etc... Only issue was it woyldnt go through little gaps/singletrack.

Id love one of canams 1000cc outlander 6x6 quads... Maybe the ultimate adventure machine with a tent etc on the back... Will havd to keep playing the lottery! :p
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ace that thanks for posting ....braaaptastick
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to β€œWE LOVE PICS”