Another one...My lightweight scorpa/yamaha greenlane bike!

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
frenchy3

Re: Another one...My lightweight scorpa/yamaha greenlane bike!

Post by frenchy3 »

Fantastic quality build,Scorpa have re-tuned the yamaha engine for more torque,heavier flywheel etc. You have ended up with a bike that looks like a factory special rather than a cobbled together bitsa. I love it. I had a lot of time for my Yamaha WR250f but it didn,t have the luggage capacity i needed at the time for my expeditions but i have pared down my hammock kit so much that i could carry it on any bike now.
snaf

Post by snaf »

I'm confused is that a Scorpa T-Ride or a Scorpa trials bike that you've put a WR250 engine in?
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Its a t ride... As mentioned by frenchy, it runs the wr250f engine with a few mods... I spent ages trying to find one :)
snaf

Post by snaf »

I thought so, a mate had one brand new when they first came out and we recently rode with another friend who has one. The only two I've ever seen, I recall there being a lack of bearing seals on the wheels which wasn't much help in the Devon mud.
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Might even be one of the ones you rode with... I collected it from portsmouth so down that way. Chap i bought it from also had a beautiful gasgas with the same wr250 engine. And you're right about the wheels... I just had to do all the wheel bearings for exactly that reason... Lots of little italian quirks :p
Hoggyf

Post by Hoggyf »

Code: Select all

Chap i bought it from also had a beautiful gasgas with the same wr250 engine
Whats the GasGas with the WR250 engine?? didn't know they'd done one
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

sherco still do t ride now called x ride two stroke ,same bike gas gas with yam engine 250 or 300 with a kit on it, did not sell many only seen a couple up at the welsh 2day. t ride was good in concept but they were just odd bike .bit like an early free ride ...

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”