Our Rieju / Yamaha mini adventure bike build! :)

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
videoman

Re: Our Rieju / Yamaha mini adventure bike build! :)

Post by videoman »

That does look good and I find people build projects really interesting and especially good to see smaller bikes being built.
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

micksea wrote:Is it a 250? Total cost including the bike?
Cheers for all the comments (thumbs)

To answer a few questions...

Yep lightweight bikes are the future, the ability to go places you can't really get to on a 990 etc is a big plus! I'm building myself something similar but hopefully even lighter at the moment. B)

Total cost, don't know exactly but somewhere around £2500 ish all in I expect which includes new tyres, all new bearings, filters etc.

The screen is off a triumph 800 (tiger is it?), the fairing I have had sitting on a shelf for years and was cut down from a much taller ktm 450 one. The dash/tower mounts etc I laser cut/welded up myself.
micksea

Post by micksea »

Is it 118kg with fuel or empty tanks?
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That looks great Jim , quality build , I bet Cassie is over the moon , happy travels (thumbs)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Really looks an excellent build how was it to ride?
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

That's a good looking bike, cracking job, well done (thumbs)
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Another great build by someone who knows what they want but can't get It from a standard machine, excellent well done Jim (thumbs) Got me thinking about a project now, taking a plasma cutter to a CCM 450 perhaps ?? :pinch:
Sarge
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Taking a plasma cutter to a CCM450 out of frustration or making a project out of it? :) :) :)
The Sarge wrote:Another great build by someone who knows what they want but can't get It from a standard machine, excellent well done Jim (thumbs) Got me thinking about a project now, taking a plasma cutter to a CCM 450 perhaps ?? :pinch:

Sarge
Putbinoot

Post by Putbinoot »

Looks great are you planning to mount any sacrificial around the tank for puncture or grinding prevention if dropped.
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

micksea wrote:Is it 118kg with fuel or empty tanks?
With the standard tank full, we weighed it in at around 114 with no fuel on board so 118 allows for 4.5kg for the 1 gallon stock tank. If you filled up the aux tank too it'd be 128 fully fuelled (ish). I have a dr650 and a x challenge sitting here and it looks/feels very small compared to those.
The Sarge wrote:Another great build by someone who knows what they want but can't get It from a standard machine, excellent well done Jim (thumbs) Got me thinking about a project now, taking a plasma cutter to a CCM 450 perhaps ?? :pinch:

Sarge
You still got it? I keep looking at them and thinking - yep I want one, but with no big trips on the cards I don't really need the "adventure" part of the ccm, a g450x/husky 450 is half the price. Still love the concept/frame design though.
Putbinoot wrote:Looks great are you planning to mount any sacrificial around the tank for puncture or grinding prevention if dropped.
Not at the moment, A.) Cassie is currently making very sure not to drop it :P and B.) the tank is pretty strong and the bars should keep it from being the 1st thing to hit in most drops. May weld a cage under it if it looks like damage will be an issue.

So far it seems to ride really well, very well balanced, no dive/soggyness. V happy with it! (thumbs)

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”