Little Used Norfolk Lane

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Pint Master

Little Used Norfolk Lane

Post by Pint Master »

DSC01546_2017-06-18-2.JPG
DSC01546_2017-06-18-2.JPG (99.24 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
petecam

Re: Little Used Norfolk Lane

Post by petecam »

I'd hazard a guess as to which lane that is !
You no longer have the 1190r ?
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Hi Pete,this lane is one of the 3 single track lanes that run from south of Swaffham this is the 1 nearest to Cockley Cley,"Swerving Irvine" was with me earlier but peeled off early to make a lunch date. Always missed the Boxer Engine as much as I loved the 1190 went to look at a used Rallye Raid which had been sold before my arrival was offered a fabulous deal on this new one.
I did mean to put this picture on the" A Photo You Took Today" but hit new topic rather than reply.
What have you got now?
petecam

Post by petecam »

Hi Tony

Nice bike. I sold the 1190r towards the end of last year, needed to free up some funds.

However recently a very nice F800GS came up for sale so I've bought that. So far I really like it and its bloody good on the lanes! Below is me giving it a wash through a ford at Hilborough which is very near the lane where you took your photo.

Give us a shout if you fancy a big bike ride out although week days are easier for me than weekends as I'm normally with my daughter.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (63.97 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Hi Pete
Weekdays are sometimes easier for myself except Fridays and first week in July as Im on my own at work and unable to get away,Id only be keen on taking the big bike out in the dry otherwise Id appear on the 450,why not post it up here and see if anyone else fancies it,I don't think its generally known the quality of lanes we have, cant touch Devon or Wales of course but we have a lot of lanes that are not well known and give pretty much the rest of the country a good run.
I guess the 800 is a sensible choice but I bet you miss the mental bonkersness of the 1190.
Swerving Irvine and myself are off on the BMW OffRoad Skills trip to Portugal next February,at my age I shouldn't be wishing my life away but I cant wait.
giles

Post by giles »

Us Deben boys av the best green lanes...in the world probably...
Mike..
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I love the lanes and Norfolk and Suffolk. The route around castle Acre and West acre takes you through up to four ford crossings and the ford at Glandford is one of the widest crossings in the country. :)
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

Nice bike, did you get it from Lind? I test rode one and very nice but had rallye seat which was seriously hard. KTM dealer Jim Aim Essex offered me more on my BM GSA than Lind did so ended up with 1090. Used up the last of my running in miles at weekend exploring some of the lanes up near Sedgeford and Ringstead. 27 degrees so bit hot. Lanes I did were much more open than yours. Got a bit of Peddars Way in on the way home. 2 week wait now for first service.
Attachments
KTMSedgefordPumpHouse.jpg
KTMSedgefordPumpHouse.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
petecam

Post by petecam »

Pint Master wrote:Hi Pete
Weekdays are sometimes easier for myself except Fridays and first week in July as Im on my own at work and unable to get away

I guess the 800 is a sensible choice but I bet you miss the mental bonkersness of the 1190.
OK Tony I'll setup a date and post it on here. I'm off to Hampshire and then France later this week on the bike.

I must admit I had always dismissed the F800 as its only got 85bhp. I thought that would not cut the mustard after the 150bhp of the 1190r but I was at a dealer and they threw me the keys and said try it. Its got a surprising amount of punch and enough what I would say "real world power" I will admit though I do miss the warp drive speed of overtakes you had with the KTM :silly:
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I had a BMW F800gs with a Power commander,Fuel exhaust,K&N filter and Remus de-cat headers. It had about 85 bhp at the wheel and more than enough power for me :) I now have a Suzuki DRZ400s with around 32 bhp.....more than enough power for me :( I must be getting/got old. I would be interested in a Norfolk ride out if i won,t hold you up too much :blush: :blush: :blush:

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”