Photo competition

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
ollydog

Re: Photo competition

Post by ollydog »

SHarper wrote:Eyup.
Last night was the AGM of SAM (Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists) the results of the photos competition were announced, I came third with this picture...

IMG_0696.JPG
... but then I only went and won with this picture...

IMG_0977.JPG
giver yer a fiver for the prosecco ;) ;)

... taken at the Catalunya HISS 2015!

The competition was judged by a proper photographer, Michael Myers, of the Bradford Photographic Society, who was most full of praise about both photographs, going on about intrigue, composition and lots of other things, but was surprised when told that both photographs were taken on an iPhone, to which he replied that I ought to buy a decent camera as I obviously had an eye for it!
The downside of this is that the prize for winning was a blown up, framed copy of my picture, so now I have a big picture of my mate Jubby; so I'm going to give it to him, he's a good lad who does a good deed everyday and deserves it.

IMG_2842.JPG
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Andi_Archer wrote:Very nice copositions bud and well done on winning.Its not the tools you have but what you do with them (thumbs)
looks like hes scratchin his (thumbs)
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Extreme Ironers?
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

SHarper wrote:Eyup.
Last night was the AGM of SAM (Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists) the results of the photos competition were announced, I came third with this picture...

IMG_0696.JPG
... but then I only went and won with this picture...

IMG_0977.JPG
... taken at the Catalunya HISS 2015!

The competition was judged by a proper photographer, Michael Myers, of the Bradford Photographic Society, who was most full of praise about both photographs, going on about intrigue, composition and lots of other things, but was surprised when told that both photographs were taken on an iPhone, to which he replied that I ought to buy a decent camera as I obviously had an eye for it!
The downside of this is that the prize for winning was a blown up, framed copy of my picture, so now I have a big picture of my mate Jubby; so I'm going to give it to him, he's a good lad who does a good deed everyday and deserves it.

IMG_2842.JPG
Nice pic.
My brother works at the cement works. (thumbs)
I've no idea how to add a signature.
big al

Post by big al »

Very nice nice photos there mr Harper (thumbs)
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

gbags wrote:I took the following triptych this morning after catching sight of it in a lay-by in Devon.

Although I haven't submitted the photos to any competition yet, perhaps keen eyed readers might suggest who the perpetrators might be?
I can tell you now it's definitely not my mrs
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Dirk wrote:Extreme Ironers?
But why leave it there?

Did they have more pressing matters elsewhere? :whistle:
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

20090709-PLE_4081.JPG
20090709-PLE_4081.JPG (68.5 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
gbags

Post by gbags »

MotoCP wrote:
Dirk wrote:Extreme Ironers?
But why leave it there?

Did they have more pressing matters elsewhere? :whistle:
You crease me up!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SHarper wrote:Simon. The similarities are uncanny, but if you were in Castleton you should have called for a cuppa.
Yes, strange isn't it. Brendan got me going on 'Soviet' style architecture, monuments, etc. when I bought the NIVA. There's plenty here in Spain's 'Rust Belt' - this is a defunct coal mine at a place called Escucha on one of the routes too and from the Aragon HISS venues.

Regs

Simon
PS we've got a cement works or two here as well ... (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”