Your Single Most Precious Biking Photo

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
vacant_space

Re: Your Single Most Precious Biking Photo

Post by vacant_space »

Lord Vader wrote:Hmm at the moment i think its this one

Coming back down the Hill from the Tauernrally this January

Hmm, sure I've seen that as a profile avatar somewhere.. ;)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
spasm

Post by spasm »

u guys are awesome lol, ive so many that i luv in my bike pics, but this one is for me where it all started, racing my yz80 the old american yellow colour too. ive got so many i want to put here (thumbs)
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Rob 110 wrote:actually i think the photo below is my most precious:
my old man about 1950 doing a rally in the Alps having ridden the BSA to and from England. The pic just shouts 'flat-out'

i owe him alot
Stunning shot - thanks for sharing
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

1990 first proper sportsbike .... still got the helmet (Gardner replica)

CraigGoesGlobal

Post by CraigGoesGlobal »

This was taken in May 14. In Vietnam. On the Ho Chi Minh Highway. A mate and I thought it would be a great idea to travel from Saigon to Hanoi on a pair of beat-up old 100cc Honda's. No GPS and only a basic map of the country. Best trip of my life!

cant get the photo to load though.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Rob 110 wrote:actually i think the photo below is my most precious:
my old man about 1950 doing a rally in the Alps having ridden the BSA to and from England. The pic just shouts 'flat-out'

i owe him alot
That's a hell of a photo.
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

CraigGoesGlobal wrote:This was taken in May 14. In Vietnam. On the Ho Chi Minh Highway. A mate and I thought it would be a great idea to travel from Saigon to Hanoi on a pair of beat-up old 100cc Honda's. No GPS and only a basic map of the country. Best trip of my life!

cant get the photo to load though.
Craig, you often need to be patient when uploading pics here mate - can take 5 mins or more or so, check your IE / Firefox etc. taskbar, if it says 'waiting for adventurebikeforums...' or similar, then the snail is on the wheel, just leave it running, make a cuppa or something and eventually it'll upload ;)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

Africa John wrote:1990 first proper sportsbike .... still got the helmet (Gardner replica)

Yes amazing bike in its day I had the 750k then the L them the M loved them...I was 21 riding around on the gsxr 750k sling shot with a Simpson bandit helmet looking like a proper hoodlum

Cheers
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Sand Rover wrote: Yes amazing bike in its day I had the 750k then the L them the M loved them...I was 21 riding around on the gsxr 750k sling shot with a Simpson bandit helmet looking like a proper hoodlum
the first road bike with upside down forks copying Schwantz's GP bike (then the RGV250 the year after) it was a stunner

pity I had to sell it the year after to fund my first house but it was a choice between the GSXR and the ZXR and I chose the one I loved more ......... but........ 13 years later I bought a ZX7R which I still have and that is a cracking bike too
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Africa John wrote:1990 first proper sportsbike .... still got the helmet (Gardner replica)

Nice one and a good photo B) . I had one too, in red, a 'H' reg. Lovely suspension on them and quick as well for a 750.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”