Post us your Dogging Pics

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
SteveW

Re: Post us your Dogging Pics

Post by SteveW »

Me and Holly the Bearded Collie....this morning in the rain.
image_2016-02-20.jpeg
image_2016-02-20.jpeg (62.31 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

The Sarge wrote:Simon
He is awesome, are you sure he's not a Wolf ? :woohoo:
Ha ha, just for one I agree to the use of the word that I hate most in the world - yes, he is awesome :whistle: - and no, I'm not at sure there isn't some wolf in there somewhere! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

The Sarge wrote:My pack on the last day of the Shooting Season, 1 Border bitch, 1 Cocker bitch, 1 Springer bitch and the Guvnor.
They have 8 months off now !

IMG_0130.JPG
Sarge
(thumbs) Nice pic.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
The Sarge wrote:Simon
He is awesome, are you sure he's not a Wolf ? :woohoo:
Ha ha, just for one I agree to the use of the word that I hate most in the world - yes, he is awesome :whistle: - and no, I'm not at sure there isn't some wolf in there somewhere! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Simon,
I know what you mean I work in and out of Candada, with Canadians every sentence begins with " Arsesome" even ordering your breakfast you get it from the waitresses. That said the OED definition covers words such as ' terrifying, impressive,' which I think covers how I would feel if confronted by your boy whilst out riding, " What big teeth you have Grandma" springs to mind Lol !
herman

Post by herman »

Stumbled across this and the soft git in me really likes it :blush:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

herman wrote:Stumbled across this and the soft git in me really likes it :blush:
Thanks Herman, you've made me cry three times and it's only 06.33 GMT! :whistle:

@ stanbloke. A consultation sir if you please (thumbs) Balto answers to his name - amazing for a husky! - and sits down when I give him a treat. He's 99% sure what the difference is between 'in' and 'out' and he's about 60% sure that the human arm isn't for teething on - Sarge, he's eight months old so his teeth are going to be a whole lit bigger!

I don't want to take up mushing but one fine day i might buy a scooter to make a change from breaking my limbs on a motorbike - well off actually :whistle: - I've seen youtubes of people teaching thier dogs to go 'left', right' ,'start' and 'stop' - well 'STOP!!!' actually (thumbs) whilst walking to the leash and then transferring over to bicycles, etc. so the question is, "Is it as easy as that? and "When do you start?" As stated above, he's 8 months old.
The Sarge wrote: I know what you mean I work in and out of Candada, with Canadians every sentence begins with " Arsesome" even ordering your breakfast you get it from the waitresses.
Bragging again! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

herman

Post by herman »

I trained my collies to go left, right, etc on command by initially reinforcing what they were already doing. For example throwing a ball to the left, saying left then lots of praise after they brought it back. They eventually picked up on the L & R command and when they ran left after a feint that way by me I could throw right and redirect them. As to huskies I don't know if they are as ball obsessed as collies but something similar may entice him?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks Allen, huskies aren't normally biddable like collies but Balto does like the ball games - he's very possessive as well :whistle: - so using reinforcement of what he's up to anyway is a good idea. (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

V10SWC

Post by V10SWC »

Not just me with the Husky problems then,

Our's will do anything you want him to do (apart from recall) whilst you have a treat for it, once no treat is offered you can completely forget any resemblance of training.

Recall is totally non existent and he is never allowed of the lead because of it.

Huskies are they all the same ?

Stubborn, Ignorant, Loyal, Lazy, Over active (contradiction I know), Loving.

I also forgot to mention, you would think ours would be bald because as the amount of hair he sheds is absolutely unbelievable.

I would not have him any other way though, he is a part of the family and he knows it.
They truly are a great character but i would also advise any body who thinks the lovely looking dog would make them a great pet to really research them before owning.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Nope, you're not alone, all huskies are pretty much as you describe. We were able to 'train' Lucky (1999-2014) only in as much as she could be let loose around our village. But even then there was always a risk if something more interesting took her fancy, like squirrels, the occasional red deer or wild boar - actually she couldn't give a damn about these but we were terrified of one taking an interest in her!

In 2004 we adopted Ol' Streaky (1999-2011) but he just did whatever she did!

We're trying to 'train' Balto to stop at the same key locations on our daily walk with a view to letting him run free in due course - he's pretty keen! :whistle:

Regs

Simon

PS, yes, that is a full sized terrace table behind him! (thumbs)

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”