Post us your Dogging Pics

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Craig-SM

Re: Post us your Dogging Pics

Post by Craig-SM »

Sorry Earwig, I hope she doesn’t suffer to much and you get to enjoy your remaining time with her.
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Breia, our loyal border collie, 13yrs old, she's a beauty!

ImageBreia - mono by APM Photography, on Flickr
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Sorry to hear this.
Feel for you. We lost four of our six rescue greyhounds in the last year, two to bone cancer (all too common in ex racers), one to Cushing's Disease complications and the other a brain aneurysm.
Remember the good things and how you enriched each other's lives.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Our latest house guest! (won't be going anywhere) That's us up to five again.
A cruelty case, dumped in local town, previously kept in an outside, uncovered cage, starved, beaten and neglected.
Previously registered with a GBGB (Greyhound Board Great Britain) who are supposed to regulate the industry and say they prioritise welfare of the dogs - load of cobblers. When they're 'retired' (which covers a multitude of sins, including being put down, sometimes with a bolt gun sometimes worse, of which their own figures - always understated - for 2017 are 1270 dogs killed, yes, you read that correctly). They're commodities, classed as livestock by DEFRA, hence the ridiculous legality of being able to use a bolt gun. The industry is self-regulating and that tells you all you need to know.

This dog hasn't even been de-registered by the trainer, as they're supposed to do. From what I can find from street research, he was kept in a shed in an allotment, with over 100 others, used in unregulated 'flapping' tracks, then discarded to the local toerag who dumped him on the street last weekend. I have a good relationship with our animal welfare team, being a volunteer at the greyhound rescue centre, which is how he came to me.

And people ask why I'm anti-racing and try to persuade folk to adopt one of the many thousands of dogs dumped in shelters, rather than spending a fortune lining breeders pockets!

GREYHOUND RACING ..... DON'T BET, DON'T GO, SPREAD THE WORD - IT'S A CRUEL INDUSTRY AND THE DOGS PAY THE PRICE.

Rant over, thanks friends.
Attachments
abuse.jpg
abuse.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Just like father & son . . . .

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Relaxing

ImageRelaxing by APM Photography, on Flickr
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

8BAB33C7-3F8E-4424-85D2-D62382999DF4.jpeg
8BAB33C7-3F8E-4424-85D2-D62382999DF4.jpeg (128.94 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm Our latest house guest! (won't be going anywhere) That's us up to five again.
A cruelty case, dumped in local town, previously kept in an outside, uncovered cage, starved, beaten and neglected.
Previously registered with a GBGB (Greyhound Board Great Britain) who are supposed to regulate the industry and say they prioritise welfare of the dogs - load of cobblers. When they're 'retired' (which covers a multitude of sins, including being put down, sometimes with a bolt gun sometimes worse, of which their own figures - always understated - for 2017 are 1270 dogs killed, yes, you read that correctly). They're commodities, classed as livestock by DEFRA, hence the ridiculous legality of being able to use a bolt gun. The industry is self-regulating and that tells you all you need to know.

This dog hasn't even been de-registered by the trainer, as they're supposed to do. From what I can find from street research, he was kept in a shed in an allotment, with over 100 others, used in unregulated 'flapping' tracks, then discarded to the local toerag who dumped him on the street last weekend. I have a good relationship with our animal welfare team, being a volunteer at the greyhound rescue centre, which is how he came to me.

And people ask why I'm anti-racing and try to persuade folk to adopt one of the many thousands of dogs dumped in shelters, rather than spending a fortune lining breeders pockets!

GREYHOUND RACING ..... DON'T BET, DON'T GO, SPREAD THE WORD - IT'S A CRUEL INDUSTRY AND THE DOGS PAY THE PRICE.

Rant over, thanks friends.
Well said, Mosel. We look after an ex-race horse, and the retirement / end-of-life prospects for many race horses is not good either. You're doing a great thing, transforming that dog's life.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Brother in law takes in retired greyhounds, there lovely placid dogs.....good on you mosel :D
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Well, had to work hard ……. but that's my six-pack-back! She joins Bob, Max, Ricky, Edie and Baggins.
Meet our new little lass Freya/Willow/Gyp/Jess/Rose/ not sure yet. Another rescue greyhound, this time returned from a home through no fault of her own and been in kennels for months.
No more fear, no more hurt, bonny lass.
Attachments
DSCF8768.JPG
DSCF8768.JPG (79.51 KiB) Viewed 5828 times

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”