Moscow Madness

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Alun

Re: Moscow Madness

Post by Alun »

Mark1961 wrote:Sorry we should not be posting such irresponsible idiotic behaviour on a forum that should be promoting safe responsible riding.

I for one think this thread should be removed.

Let’s stop glorifying this madness............ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Hi Mark, fair point and noted.

On a personal note no way do I endorse anything in these vids, quite the opposite. As for pulling the thread, I'm reluctant to pull any thread on this forum unless it crosses the line on racism, personal abuse etc.

A frank, friendly and open discussion is probably the best way to debate the issues raised by these videos.
dusi

Post by dusi »

Not so much an Adventure Bike Rider, as a Misadventure bike rider :( ! If your that good go race on a race track against like minded riders, the road is not the place for it, if you want to risk your life (which is exciting) don't do at the risk of killing others not in on the game, maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm still here, having ridden a couple of hundred thousand miles, didn't expect to see this on this site, disappointed Dus :(
dusi

Post by dusi »

There had me little moan, over it now :) , I don't like censorship either Alun, take your point and agree open debate is best way to go, on all subjects, just had a bit of a mindset (maybe a bad thing) of what kind riders and members/followers of this site were about, that'll be Adventure Bike Riding, clues in the site and great mag name ;) ! Regards Dus
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I rode this way when I was younger and had nothing to loose.
If I was given my time again would I do it again? HELL YES! I won't do it now, but I also won't frown upon people that do, as I would be a hypocrite.

For the record Stu-Pid is an old video of a young lad who has since gone on to become a great racer on tracks.
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Maybe we need to take a vote on whether this is appropriate for this forum or not. I strongly believe this type of material is not for this forum. Like Dus I have survived this long by riding responsibly.

We as a forum are now subjecting any young forum member to inappropriate, idiotic, mindless & behaviour. There is nothing to debate. By allowing this material to be viewed via this forum we are endorsing it, right or wrong. We are also glorifying it allowing more people to maybe have a try and see what the hype is about. Don’t say it won’t happen because I’m afraid it’s human nature.

We have a responsibility to educate by showing appropriate riding skills. Not by showing in this case, how it shouldn’t be done.

The rider is lucky to still be alive. The fools that follows in his footsteps won't be so luck.

Sorry, I think it should go.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I had never seen a video of people riding in this manner when I chose to ride that way.

To be honest if someone has taken the time to type "Adventure bike forum" in to a Google search, then they have pretty much decided what bike style they are in to, and I'm sure a few videos aren't going to make them change there minds.

PS If you are looking at this thread and feel an unnatural urge to give up your dream of owning an adventure bike, and are now lusting after a plastic pocket rocket so you can filter at 100mph on the back wheel. Then try visiting Gixxer forums, they can tell you everything you need to know. Buying MCN will also aid you in this life changing decision.;)
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

A friend of the family lost his son some years ago. He died of a drugs overdose. Before his death, his Dad asked why he did it. His reply was “I’d seen it on a programme on TV and thought I’d give it a go for a laugh” If he hadn’t have seen that programme, then just maybe he would still be alive today?

This is the point I’m trying to get across...........

P.S. Please forgive me for being a responsible grown up. :silly:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

If somebody is on this site and is old enough to ride a motorbike, then you have to assume that they are also a responsible adult. You cant go around censoring everything in fear of somebody seeing it and giving it a go.

I don't drink, does that mean we shouldn't talk about drinking, for fear of my reading it and becoming an alcoholic?:ohmy:
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

I think leave the vid on. I also did it all in my teens and that was when my Dads MCN had never published a wheelie apart from stunt riders and Betamax vids where all the rage! It was just instinct that if there was a gap it was mine to go for.
Now I can filter as safely as my slowing reflexes and other drivers will allow.Plus my "what if" voice which has only entered my helmet in the past 5 years or so (and is getting louder),pisses me off.
In some ways we dont help been on these style of bikes, I dont know if anyone else has noticed the same behavier(especially abroad) but you can be passing a town going through a heavy bit of traffic and see a local sportsbike rider riding quite normally, then he spots a bike loaded up and he turns into mr Moscow madness himself, its as if he has the perfect audience!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
bandit1250gt

Post by bandit1250gt »

Just seen these clips!!!! No words can describe what a total knob the rider is, it belongs on a track and if I ever caught up with him the cuffs would be on very tightly.

The clips also belong on other sites, sorry Alun but I totally disagree with you. What part of "Adventure Bike Riding" is this representing.

Return to “VIDEOS”