Enduro AT

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
v8mark

Enduro AT

Post by v8mark »

250 -350 -450 no 1100 I did choose the right bike wait a minute. I can’t ride like that made me laugh
scooby

Re: Enduro AT

Post by scooby »

Amazing riding ! thanks for posting .
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Just goes to show that what we mere mortals consider overweight poser bikes that no right minded
person would use offroad are actually very capable. It's the bod on top that is the limiting factor, not
the weight of the bike. Pol Tarres doing Romaniacs with a T7.
Good video :-)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

qcnr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:48 am Just goes to show that what we mere mortals consider overweight poser bikes that no right minded
person would use offroad are actually very capable. It's the bod on top that is the limiting factor, not
the weight of the bike. Pol Tarres doing Romaniacs with a T7.
Good video :-)
Well yes, but it is the weight of the bike that's the limiting factor for the mere mortals! Of course Pol Tarres will rip on anything, but he'd be a damn sight quicker on his own proper enduro bike.

As you say it's mainly about the rider. But if you combine an inexperienced rider and a heavy bike it's a recipe for crash after crash.... which is what we see all the time on the TET pages, as amateur riders take overloaded big bikes onto trails they can't manage - it just leads to disappointment, damaged bikes and often riders forced to divert on to tarmac much of the time.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

There’s a lot of different scenarios out there which often get muddled online. A lot of fully laden big adventure bikes are fine off-road on simple tracks but become a nightmare on even slightly more difficult sections. The same bike unloaded might well cope with those sections easily but will soon reach the point where it becomes unmanageable and light weight becomes imperative. The trouble for a lot of people following the TET is that they don’t really know what lies ahead a lot of the time. There really is no Goldilocks machine for long distance off-road just better compromises. From what I’ve seen it’s things about the size of the Honda CRF250/300 that seem to be the good allrounders, big enough to carry luggage but agile enough to cope with difficult situations. Even those however will seem overweight, heavy and clumsy by people out for the day on their Enduro bikes.
The video was great the AT was brilliant with an expert in control. I would have dropped it so often that I would have needed a long rest after repeatedly dealing with a fallen over, overweight, top heavy bike.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

I agree with most said above a moderately skilled dirt rider is just that a rider he or she may apply that to big or small bikes loaded or not. Most are or at least have been unwilling to get their high value machines dirty let alone scratched I think that has changed a little recently. If you seek a riding challenge I would say anyone with a big bike can likely find that local and legal, that is not so easily done on a high performance race bred machine that many ride around their local country lanes on, without riding either illegally or paying. Riding big bikes on the trail is a different, bigger? experience than just hooning around as on 300's and 450's, thats my take as a moderately skilled rider thats done both, winding on a 450 out of a bend with a little bit of lean on is always gonna be a buzz and i dont replicate it often on a GS12 it does happen road and dirt but at my level, my eyeball and sphincter muscles are working too hard in opposite directions at those moments to enjoy the buzz, when tyres get out of line. Anybody thats tempted to have a pop on a big bike have a go, but be realistic about your aspirations and be willing to be a jibber and turnaround is certainly one of the first rules. Many say this and that cant be done many have'nt tried. keep the wheels turning boys big or small, fat or thin.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

v8mark wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:35 pm 250 -350 -450 no 1100 I did choose the right bike wait a minute. I can’t ride like that made me laugh
Omg that guy can ride, respect. Great find v8, really enjoyed that. Cheers
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

All of us no matter what bike what level of skill all enjoy a good ride.. road or trails or both and talking about it on our favourite forums this is for me now my escape as Jamie from MotoGeo says just go for a ride. All have a good Christmas
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Is the AT on stock suspension? If it is, at that pace, the rider is doing really well to keep up with the much lighter, better suspended enduro bikes.

Enjoyed the video.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Magnon wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:03 am Is the AT on stock suspension? If it is, at that pace, the rider is doing really well to keep up with the much lighter, better suspended enduro bikes.

I have seen elswhere that he runs Ohlins on both ends

Return to “VIDEOS”