I'm touring around Spain on my Africa Twin

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Geecee68

I'm touring around Spain on my Africa Twin

Post by Geecee68 »

Hi there,

I'm touring around Spain on my AT. It's pretty warm down here! I made it to Marbella yesterday and will head back up today...Cordoba, Toledo, Sad Hill Cemetery, Guernika, Bilbao and the ferry back. All good so far. Well, except for the 40C+ temps on the road.

Gav
Helicoptermanr22

Re: I'm touring around Spain on my Africa Twin

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Lucky you. Looks awes, where is the bike?:)
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Good to give a little bit of an overview of the port not seen anybody do that before would have liked to have seen that before my first trip. Obviously I do not know what your agenda is but you are rideiing straight past some great exploring country there on the autoroute. Would be interested to see the testing deal on your return journey. Enjoy.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Unless one has to get somewhere quickly, it is almost sacrilege to use autoroutes in Spain when they have some of the best riding roads in the world....imho

Safe trip.
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

Yes I'm on a pretty tight schedule so to do it all it needs to be sprints between places. Was at Sad Hill yesterday. Never heard of it? You'll recognise it from The Good The Bad and The Ugly. I was too ambitious in the distances. Learned a lot, made a load of mistakes, overall a very good experience.

Coming back into the UK is a pain in the arse. Antigen test here in Spain 3 days before I return. That was I think 50 Euro and the stress of booking it and getting it done in Toledo. Then book another antigen test for 'Day 2' test back in the UK. Another £30. Get the reference from that to put in your passenger locator form. Seems like a money making exercise now.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Surely all the experienced riders on here have seen that spaghetti western classic. Saw something somewhere about the locations and chased up the GPX in case I pass by with time to kill. About 30 miles SSE of Burgos
Screenshot (133).png
Screenshot (133).png (159.33 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
Sad Hill.gpx
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
The first trip is always going to be a learner the next few too at a decreasing rate probably no less enjoyable though. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

bikenav wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:46 pm Surely all the experienced riders on here have seen that spaghetti western classic. Saw something somewhere about the locations and chased up the GPX in case I pass by with time to kill. About 30 miles SSE of Burgos
Screenshot (133).png
Sad Hill.gpx
The first trip is always going to be a learner the next few too at a decreasing rate probably no less enjoyable though. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.
Thanks for this. I'm just loading up a 'Lessons learned' video, will share later.

To get to Sad HIll it's a long dry gravelly road, but people were doing it (slowly) in normal cars. If it were the US there would be shops in the village selling ponchos and plastic guns, but in St Domingo de Silos, effectively nothing. I could have bought a crap T shirt, a mug or a fridge magnet.

The rest of the ride was fine. I slowed down a bit and got off the motorways. Amazingly I didn't drop the bike.

Gav
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Remember finding sad hill by accident. We got there early bird and no one there. The track past the set is awesome which takes you to the top, awesome place, thanks for posting buddy!

Return to “VIDEOS”