An Evening Ride on the TET

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Hugh

Re: An Evening Ride on the TET

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

For those not aware Ramsden Road, near Holmfirth, is a longish green lane which over many years been severely eroded by the weather and simple use since it never seemed to get maintained. Sadly nuisance users had damaged some areas too. It was subjected to an experimental TRO but GLASS & the TRF challenged and won the case with the result that the local Council has to spend money on repairs and remove the ETRO.

A local action group was formed and it is those volunteers that have led and organised the current repairs being undertaken. The group, comprised of local residents, farmers, walkers, horse riders, disabled users, mountain bikers and motorists, has worked extremely well together and are currently combatting the water problem at the high section. If you use the route please be aware that folk could be working and repairing the route. For some more info you could follow the link below;

https://www.glass-uk.org/friends-of-ramsden-road.html

TTFN

Hugh.
MotoCP

Re: An Evening Ride on the TET

Post by MotoCP »

Hugh wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:55 am Greetings,

For those not aware Ramsden Road, near Holmfirth, is a longish green lane which over many years been severely eroded by the weather and simple use since it never seemed to get maintained. Sadly nuisance users had damaged some areas too. It was subjected to an experimental TRO but GLASS & the TRF challenged and won the case with the result that the local Council has to spend money on repairs and remove the ETRO.

A local action group was formed and it is those volunteers that have led and organised the current repairs being undertaken. The group, comprised of local residents, farmers, walkers, horse riders, disabled users, mountain bikers and motorists, has worked extremely well together and are currently combatting the water problem at the high section. If you use the route please be aware that folk could be working and repairing the route. For some more info you could follow the link below;

https://www.glass-uk.org/friends-of-ramsden-road.html

TTFN

Hugh.
Hi Hugh,

I remember you posting a thread about this a while ago but I was away at the time so couldn’t attend the meeting in Holmfirth.
I’ve been riding these lanes for over thirty year so it would be good to help maintain it.

I will check out the link
👍

Return to “VIDEOS”