Feet up, brew made ... Watch us tackle some ace trails

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
nethen1

Feet up, brew made ... Watch us tackle some ace trails

Post by nethen1 »

Hope you guys enjoy.
Brilliant weekend
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
minkyhead

Re: Feet up, brew made ... Watch us tackle some ace trails

Post by minkyhead »

nice one dave looks like a fab weekend 8-)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

There's not much i miss about the UK but that looks great
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

That looks great. Must have been hard-going on the AfricaTwin in places!
I fancy a trip oop north now 👍
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

I am not being critical here, or saying it is a good or bad thing......just an observation based on probably 20 years riding in the area.

It seems to me that the more large organised / commercial rides and posting of very interesting ride reports and videos has contributed to a big increase in use of the trails in this area.

2 Yams
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

2 Yams wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am I am not being critical here, or saying it is a good or bad thing......just an observation based on probably 20 years riding in the area.

It seems to me that the more large organised / commercial rides and posting of very interesting ride reports and videos has contributed to a big increase in use of the trails in this area.

2 Yams
and theres somthing wrong with that im taking it ?

tbo nerc and the rise and rise of gpx files is tha main reason ..ive been up there three times last year and never met a sole ,,,its hardly a tourist trap ,,,dont see the problem...
heres the irony if you think theres too many motorcycle on the trails you could help the situation by you and yer mates not using them your selves and avoiding weekends completley .... that way your sure that traffic has been reduced and you doin yer bit ..you can see where this is going ....live and let live i say :shock:

ImageGrabbed Frame 126 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

2 Yams wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am I am not being critical here, or saying it is a good or bad thing......just an observation based on probably 20 years riding in the area.

2 Yams
Whether it’s commercial rides , organised groups , the TRF or just a bunch of mates out riding it won’t make a bit of difference to our detractors.

They don’t want us there no matter what so you might as just ride so that they get used to seeing us out and about.

I’ve practiced plenty of stealth riding in the 35 years I’ve been trail riding but in the end I’ve come to the conclusion they other users need to chill and quit their moaning.
one-legged adventurer
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

2 Yams
I agree with Bob and Minky…...so Ill keep my reply simple.

What a load of bollox. The trails are there to ride on. Ride them whilst you can. Ive ridden throughout the UK and never seen many people. A few groups now and then. Big deal.

Great vid Nethan!
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

So what's the message ??
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

nethen1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 am So what's the message ??
Guess it would be keep riding, just don't post up anymore videos or ride reports.

This forum used to have loads of ride reports whether it was just a days ride out, a weekend away with the lads or anything longer.

However now when posting a report there always seems to be someone posting something negative, whether it be about the way you write or where and how you ride.

The negativity normally comes from those who have never posted a ride report themselves, so whether it is simply because they do not do any rides be it they don't organise or didn't get a personal invitation to join the Rideout.
Maybe jealousy and sour grapes
Who knows.
Rideout's very rarely get put on the forum for anyone to join in as most now seem to organise through PM or behind the forum.

Keep posting the bids and ride reports as I for one thoroughly enjoy them

Return to “VIDEOS”