Feet up, brew made ... Watch us tackle some ace trails

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
2 Yams

Re: Feet up, brew made ... Watch us tackle some ace trails

Post by 2 Yams »

minkyhead wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:26 am
2 Yams wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am I am not being critical here, or saying it is a good or bad thing......just an observation based on probably 20 years riding in the area.

It seems to me that the more large organised / commercial rides and posting of very interesting ride reports and videos has contributed to a big increase in use of the trails in this area.

2 Yams
and theres somthing wrong with that im taking it ?

tbo nerc and the rise and rise of gpx files is tha main reason ..ive been up there three times last year and never met a sole ,,,its hardly a tourist trap ,,,dont see the problem...
heres the irony if you think theres too many motorcycle on the trails you could help the situation by you and yer mates not using them your selves and avoiding weekends completley .... that way your sure that traffic has been reduced and you doin yer bit ..you can see where this is going ....live and let live i say :shock:

ImageGrabbed Frame 126 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
I chose my opening line carefully as I realised this could be contravercial, so I am not saying there is anything wrong with it, and totally agree with your comments.

Over the years my own riding in the area has increased and I have shared this with friends and aquaintances organising multi day trips, so it could be said I too have encouraged more use in the area. The popularity of these trips and not wanting to let people down, has meant 8 or 9 three day trips some years and I am now finding if I do not book my accommodation in January for the rest of the year I can not get in at my chosen B&B mainly because of riders who have been on my rides.....logged the routes then taking their own mates and using the same B&B, also some of the guys use the B&B on road bike trips as well.
Being retired, I do now mainly ride midweek for the quietness and less chance of meeting people.

2 Yams
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

nethen1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 am So what's the message ??
No particular message......you and others are giving riders what they want and need in an entertaining way.....no problem.

I suppose I was a bit pi$$ed of at not being able to book my chosen B&B much later in the year and being told the names of the guys who had made the bookings [see my reply to Minky] so just had a bit of a moan.

No offense intended to anyone.

2 Yams
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Neil M wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 pm That looks great. Must have been hard-going on the AfricaTwin in places!
Yeah, its a big old lump to throw around but I’m always amazed how capable it is if you keep a good momentum up the steep climbs.

It did the job and made the 5hr round trip there and back enjoyable.
4080A1D4-44B0-4E2B-AFB6-3702D8FB009E.jpeg
4080A1D4-44B0-4E2B-AFB6-3702D8FB009E.jpeg (301.79 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

2 Yams wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am
I suppose I was a bit pi$$ed of at not being able to book my chosen B&B much later in the year and being told the names of the guys who had made the bookings [see my reply to Minky] so just had a bit of a moan.

Reading between the lines, it appears your admitting to being a victim of your own success in promoting the area and businesses.
If so, that can’t be a bad thing surely?
You say your retired so if your ‘friends and acquaintances’ return to do their own thing then at least your not suffering as a business.
If you run multi-day trips then perhaps your frustrations are trying to book during the busiest periods? (Bank holidays etc).

During our visit to Alston last weekend, I only recall passing one solitary trail rider and a handful of cyclists & ramblers so I got the impression that tourism in the area at this time of year is minimal.

We could all have turned up for a single day’s ride and contributed nothing, but the social nature of our moto tourism brought much needed trade in the form of two nights accommodation with associated food, beverage, fuel etc.

If all year round competition is so strong then maybe it’s time to open a bunkhouse....?
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

MotoCP wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:31 pm
2 Yams wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am

Reading between the lines, it appears your admitting to being a victim of your own success in promoting the area and businesses.
If so, that can’t be a bad thing surely?
You say your retired so if your ‘friends and acquaintances’ return to do their own thing then at least your not suffering as a business.
If you run multi-day trips then perhaps your frustrations are trying to book during the busiest periods? (Bank holidays etc).

During our visit to Alston last weekend, I only recall passing one solitary trail rider and a handful of cyclists & ramblers so I got the impression that tourism in the area at this time of year is minimal.

We could all have turned up for a single day’s ride and contributed nothing, but the social nature of our moto tourism brought much needed trade in the form of two nights accommodation with associated food, beverage, fuel etc.

If all year round competition is so strong then maybe it’s time to open a bunkhouse....?
Just to clarify.......my trips are not a business venture, I make nothing out of them, they are planned and lead by myself for groups of friends and acquaintances from several parts of the country. The craic and banter with like minded people make these trips special, that is why I continue with them.

2 Yams
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

Yeah, its a big old lump to throw around but I’m always amazed how capable it is if you keep a good momentum up the steep climbs.

[/quote]

Yes, I know what you mean. I ride down to and over the Pyrenees every year and have been amazed where my AT has taken me keepingnit pinned over the rocks. However I've had some big offs in the Surrey hills!!
Image[/img]
Attachments
IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG (171.42 KiB) Viewed 5708 times
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Neil M wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:40 pm Yeah, its a big old lump to throw around but I’m always amazed how capable it is if you keep a good momentum up the steep climbs.

Yes, I know what you mean. I ride down to and over the Pyrenees every year and have been amazed where my AT has taken me keepingnit pinned over the rocks. However I've had some big offs in the Surrey hills!!
Image[/img]
[/quote]

SHES A BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)

Return to “VIDEOS”