Russian Method

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
daveuprite

Russian Method

Post by daveuprite »

I've seen videos on youtube of Russian truck drivers and others inflating their tyres with WD40 or lighter fluid or whatever.

Bit like this:

So there I was this morning looking at a deflated tyre on our ride-on mower, the bead no longer tight on the rim. It's a tubeless tyre, so I thought that rather than immediately fit an inner tube, I'd give the Russian method a go.

I started by chucking a fair bit of LM grease around the gaps between the rim and the tyre, then squirted plenty of WD40 into the gaps. Got out the lighter and sparked it up. Nothing. Not even a feeble flame. WD40 clearly isn't volatile enough.

Next, try out brake cleaner. Sprayed lots into the gaps and got out the lighter. Spark. WHOOOMPH ! Instant over-inflation, followed by collapse and then flames everywhere with a rapidly spreading fire around the wheel, grease burning nicely, licking up towards the bonnet of the ride-on. Nee-naw nee-naw... Headless chicken. Running about swearing. Bucket of water, Wet towel. Crisis over.

So basically I wouldn't really recommend it :D
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Russian Method

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you feckin dick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:31 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you feckin dick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very fair point, Phil, beautifully made.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Next time you or any of your mates decide to dick about like that, may I suggest that you have a sensible adult on hand with a mobile phone, not to call the emergency services but to record it for posterity, so the rest of can at least enjoy the carnage and mayhem that ensues.
πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

zimtim wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:57 pm Next time you or any of your mates decide to dick about like that, may I suggest that you have a sensible adult on hand with a mobile phone, not to call the emergency services but to record it for posterity, so the rest of can at least enjoy the carnage and mayhem that ensues.
πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜
Yeah, sorry about that. I assumed that with my superb level of technical competence it would all go perfectly, so there would be nothing interesting to record.

Something went a bit wrong along the way..
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

"""""Something went a bit wrong along the way..""""

:lol: :lol: :lol: should have been on film , what did Trace do ........................laugh ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That's as funny as f---k. :lol: :lol: :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Yep Dave..... you dee man.....nutter :lol: :lol:
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Pmsl Dave. Surprised you didn't try to put it out with the bottle of red wine that must clearly have, at some point been in your hand. But I assume it was empty...
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Lighter gas is best, or anything that vapourizes quickly. As you found out, oil/ grease leaves a residue
to catch fire and burn... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to β€œVIDEOS”