Russian Method

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
daveuprite

Re: Russian Method

Post by daveuprite »

~ACP~ wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm Pmsl Dave. Surprised you didn't try to put it out with the bottle of red wine that must clearly have, at some point been in your hand. But I assume it was empty... Image
Dry white for me. Never drink red :D

I'm beginning to think I have a reputation...
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahahaha you are living the dream out there in France Daveuprite and that was a very funny story, its exactly the sort of thing I would have got up to a few years back! remember you tube is not always your friend lol.... I watched countless videos on how to fit mousses to my dirt bike it looked easy! and well you can guess the rest.....It cost me more in the end than just taking it to a shop to fit! now I have all the gear but only change them probably once a year if that, so not a smart investment really!! im envious of your wacky French life and keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next instalment of 'Mythbuster' style antics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I remember seeing this on the ORIGINAL top gear when they were tooling around in the snow in Iceland I think--BIG soft tyres that sometimes rolled off the rim--and it was the locals trick--worked like a charm!
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I remember that Chris , it ws lighter gas though i think
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

makes sense--you want a quick pop, not a slow flame!!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well in my case, the brake cleaner worked a treat. It certainly gave the 'quick pop', and the tyre inflated instantly (before collapsing again). Problem is I already had half a tin of WD40 and a load of grease in there which promptly caught fire.

But it's given me something to talk about and another of those funny little slightly dangerous incidents to remember which make life a bit more interesting. Never been much of a one for 'safety', really.

Now, I'm just off to play rock/paper/scissors with a circular saw. What could possibly go wrong?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

dibbs wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 am im envious of your wacky French life
Oh I wouldn't be if I were you, Dibbs. It's fairly hum-drum really. Mucking out horses, growing stuff, fixing things, writing a bit etc etc. Not that special. Crashing the bike and the occasional fire spices it up though.

But it's a huge improvement on getting up at 6am, catching the 7.23 train into Paddington, then the underground, a day of bloody meetings and then back home with just enough time for a couple of glasses of wine then bed. After 11 years out here now I can't quite believe I did all that - it feels like a distant dream.

Have you ever thought of emigrating? Lots to be said for trying somewhere completely new to live. But if it's an EU country you fancy, do it before 29th March!
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:26 pm
dibbs wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 am im envious of your wacky French life
Have you ever thought of emigrating? Lots to be said for trying somewhere completely new to live. But if it's an EU country you fancy, do it before 29th March!
Well i have but each time i visit different regions in France, Spain, Europe etc i like them a bit better than the last one visited!!! so not sure where i would settle! i would probably be just a rolling hobo hehehe..

Return to “VIDEOS”