Mature Riders

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Neil M

Mature Riders

Post by Neil M »

I saw this vid and for some reason it made me think of Phil-in-France and his motley crew!! :lol:

Tramp

Re: Mature Riders

Post by Tramp »

Niel ....thats bloddy ace and yes sums the old nutter up perfectly....they get up to more fhn than mosf half therd age....just wish i had more time and less commknsence....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well I can promise you there's nothing mature about any of us...

Well-seasoned, yes. Aged in oak, perhaps. Smoked, hung and dried - certainly. Rotten, decaying and putrid - now that's more like it.

Regardless, we will be out being immature nobs this Sunday. See you there, guys.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That's just great makes me feel positively young :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Yep, I'm 59, feel like 79,think I'm 29......fecking great fun, laugh all day long and hope we 're all still able to ride for the next 20 years or even more :D
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

I'm very envious of you all. You've got great countryside to ride in and you actually get out regularly. Not quite sure why I don't manage to do that myself:|
Maybe by the time I get into my 60's I'll get more regular (with my riding that is!!). :D
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Thanks for that Neil, makes me feel bloody great and lucky ......even though its been three weeks since i got knocked off and my ribs still ache .................ohhh how i love Paracetamol :lol:

Image20170914_151530 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

thats just what i need a bit of inspirsation .....me and dave met up with the trf guys last year ...the old guy came out of the cafe and had to stand on the picknik bench to be able to get on his freewind cos of his replacement hip
but thats the last time his feet touched the floor brilliant rider ... you see guys like bob one leg ..terrible accident in a lorry and determined to ride ...and youe would never know by looking at him except changing gear with the back of his heel .... bobs no spring chicken either but you never hear him complain ....
where does it all go ...im 61 this year but ive never lost the will or the thrill to ride and have contemplated what it may be like not to have me bikes and the very thoufht fills me with dread ...

so hats off to the oldies gives me summet to aim for ...im just a spring chicken :mrgreen:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I hurtling towards 64 but only starting 'off road' riding when I was 55 been though I had been road riding since I was 16.
The trouble with starting at that age is fear of easy injury and a total lack of ability mean I am still a glorified beginner so will never be one of the rough tough lot who can just get on their trail bike and ride all the gnarly stuff.

I wish I had started 20 years earlier.

It's humbling watching all these older guys just flitting around without a care.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

that gives me hope :D

Return to “VIDEOS”