Snowy Run Out To Hartside Cafe

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Boggs

Snowy Run Out To Hartside Cafe

Post by Boggs »

Well i needed an excuse to get the baby Versys out,it's been in hibernation for about 2 months now and after hearing the sad news yesterday regarding Hartside cafe burning down,i thought i'd go and pay my respects to the once iconic "Bacon Butty Base".I got the Go-pro on then set off through the Pennines and along the way captured some spectacular scenery as i climbed the hills towards the cafe.I still say this is the best time of the year for biking,i wasn't cold at all,had some toasty thick socks on,Aldi base layers and the heated grips on 75%.I absolutely loved it,its amazing how the same roads and landscapes that i'm so familiar with,the ones that i ride and know so well are transformed when these winter conditions arrive,it feels like a completely different place.
The only negative point of my day was a numpty in a flat bed truck pulling out on me :oops: i got a few hours of footage but haven't had a lot of time today to do anything thorough with it so ive put this little 3min clip together so you get the idea,i just hope this isn't the end of Hartside Cafe for good.

Cheers Boggs

8-)
chunky butt

Re: Snowy Run Out To Hartside Cafe

Post by chunky butt »

Enjoyed that, still got a lot of the white stuff hanging around......hope you communicated with numpty in red van :D
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

I try not to lose my head when i'm out on the bike or in the car,ive mellowed with age i suppose and we all drop clangers now and again but its still bloody annoying when it happens.

👍
Cheers Boggs
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Great video, thanks for sharing.
one-legged adventurer
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I enjoyed that, makes me wish I took time out to appreciate the snowy weather. My favorite position for on-board camera footage too :)
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Enjoyed that. Thanks
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

boboneleg wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm Great video, thanks for sharing.
Cheers Matey 8-)
DaveCon wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am I enjoyed that, makes me wish I took time out to appreciate the snowy weather. My favorite position for on-board camera footage too :)
Yeah it's odd this snowy weather riding thing,i'm a bit of a polisher and don't like to see my bike dirty but back in the winter of 2012,for some reason i decided to go out for a ride after we'd had a heavy snowfall a few days prior.I was so pleased i did,the scenery just blew me away,my attitude is completely different now when it arrives,as soon as this "Beast From The East" had subsided i was out to sieze the moment and enjoy it.

8-)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

BRRR very nice video but it looks ruddy cold out there :shock: 8-)
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Andi_Archer wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 pm BRRR very nice video but it looks ruddy cold out there :shock: 8-)
Fresh............. Us northerns like to say :lol: id just like to add that the Michellen PR4's ive got fitted were very impressive in these conditions,im tempted to say their the best tyres ive had,im a big fan of Avon's excellent Storm Ultra range but i think these maybe just edging it.

8-)
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Boggs wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:04 am Fresh............. Us northerns like to say :lol:
Sleeves rolled up? Or were you just in your vest and shorts? :shock:

Return to “VIDEOS”