3 Nobs cross a stream without falling in SHOCKER

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
daveuprite

Re: 3 Nobs cross a stream without falling in SHOCKER

Post by daveuprite »

Back when I started off-roading it took me about 6 months to get full confidence to stand up regularly. At first it feels weird and alien, and you think that crashing will hurt more from up there. Gradually you realise that you are in better command stood on the pegs and you control the bike through tricky sections rather than the other way around.

Nowadays I rarely if ever sit down all day. As 'mechanic' says, your center of gravity goes down the bike, you are in better control and the bike's suspension works better. Once you get used to riding stood-up you find that you can actually dab very easily in one swift movement and shifting weight between the pegs is much simpler.

Plus, big power slides when stood-up make you feel like a god. :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That's why trials riders stand up and steer with the foot pegs and body lean , :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am still struggling with even trying this standing up thing :roll:
but yesterday I just put some weight on the pegs, by lifting ma derriere just ever so slightly
and I could instantly feel the difference in the handling of the bike?
as even this will lower the c of g to the pegs,
must practice more :lol: 8-)

ps .. I would be interested to see the guys do strata florida 8-)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 am I am still struggling with even trying this standing up thing :roll:
but yesterday I just put some weight on the pegs, by lifting ma derriere just ever so slightly

Yeah, just keep at it Gary. Go out on a ride and tell yourself not to sit down at all until you come to a halt. Or go round and round the garden dead slow standing up the whole time. Make sure you do as many lefts as rights, ride slowly round trees and on uneven ground, just using your balance, clutch control and weighted pegs to control everything. You get better quickly that way. Eventually it just comes naturally and you will feel awkward sat down.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

garyboy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 am I am still struggling with even trying this standing up thing :roll:

Yes done Strata , standing up , or most of it ;)
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Always stand up going through water, you don't get your bollocks wet ;) .....its only a duff knee that stops me from standing all time :lol: much easier.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

's easy.....Just buy any enduro bike made in the last 15 years, the so called 'seats' they fit will soon have you standing up for at least half the ride
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

HedgeHopper wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:02 pm 's easy.....Just buy any enduro bike made in the last 15 years, the so called 'seats' they fit will soon have you standing up for at least half the ride
So true. My 2012 Beta is a rare exception - actually quite comfortable (by enduro standards). But I've sat on an earlier Beta 400 and it was like straddling a plank. KTMs don't tend to be all that arse friendly either. As they say "it doesn't matter, you're not supposed to be sitting on them!"
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm Yeah, just keep at it Gary. Go out on a ride and tell yourself not to sit down at all until you come to a halt. Or go round and round the garden dead slow standing up the whole time. Make sure you do as many lefts as rights, ride slowly round trees and on uneven ground, just using your balance, clutch control and weighted pegs to control everything. You get better quickly that way. Eventually it just comes naturally and you will feel awkward sat down.
Thanks for the advice, Dave .. I will try that
.. I haven't got a garden, but I expect the old folk at the home I live in won't mind me riding through the corridors :mrgreen:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

diggermanbob wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 pm
Yes done Strata , standing up , or most of it ;)
Show - off 8-)

Return to “VIDEOS”