Crash caught on helmet cam

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
qcnr

Re: Crash caught on helmet cam

Post by qcnr »

Lucky bloke, could have been worse.
gooseneck

Post by gooseneck »

The guy survived...got off light really...no point squabbling about the ins and outs of it, we were not there to respond, nor fully a praise the situation. If I were him seeing folk get their knickers in a twist with each other while trying to give their opinions it would bring on a hernia laughing.
We all get close scrapes, mostly we get away with it, just now and then it catches someone out, that's life.
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

Ive watched the video in real time over and over, not play,pause,think,play and i have to be honest with myself, i was not going to get round behind that van in a month of Sundays. Iam not saying their arnt those of you that may have but iam not one of them. :(
simonw

Post by simonw »

SteveW wrote:It's helpful for us to see videos like this.....I'll certainly make sure I'm covering both brakes and rolling-off in anticipation of something similar happening, not saying I'd be able to stop in time or take meaningful evasive action but I could certainly lessen the impact speed...
I agree, I think it is useful to see videos like this to try to learn. What is also interesting about this particular one is that it's much less obvious what could have been done to mitigate the outcome compared to a lot of other videos out there where it's quite plain.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Andi_Archer wrote:It may be me but the rider appears to be travelling rather fast for the conditions of the road and enviroment.
nope the play back esp on gopro always seems faster, the comments about training on here i think are a bit tosh, the natural reaction is to shout out normally o fuck, ruder was caught in the headlights so to speak, even the top boys run over other riders, vans fault totally

steve
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

I'll just leave this here :whistle:

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Slaz

Post by Slaz »

-Ralph- wrote:
hotbulb wrote:Allegedly the van driver was on his phone!
Is that confirmed? You can't see that through the front windscreen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This is a direct quote the the guy in the vid,
"He didn't admit to using his phone. The police correlated my video with his phone records and found that he was on his phone.

This was on the BBC, ITV, the Liverpool Echo and the Daily Post. None mentioned the phone thing. Only thing I can assume if that for whatever reason, the evidence wasn't usable in court. I don't know though."

And just to finish off he's an IAM all year round rider (thumbs)
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. Bloke in a van turned in front of my mate, van driver was using his mobile at the time. My mate hit the van and died instantly of a broken neck. The case went to court and the judge said my mate should of been riding in a manner with which he could stop if someone or something crossed his path. The van driver got points and a fine.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Slaz wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
hotbulb wrote:Allegedly the van driver was on his phone!
Is that confirmed? You can't see that through the front windscreen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This is a direct quote the the guy in the vid,
"He didn't admit to using his phone. The police correlated my video with his phone records and found that he was on his phone.

This was on the BBC, ITV, the Liverpool Echo and the Daily Post. None mentioned the phone thing. Only thing I can assume if that for whatever reason, the evidence wasn't usable in court. I don't know though."

And just to finish off he's an IAM all year round rider (thumbs)
If that's true and the police checked his phone records that's enough evidence, and his penalty should have been much harsher. As it is he got less than the new fixed penalty.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

kin joke, we will always be riding scum in this country, the double points and fine wont make a difference, should be like drink driving and ban smoking as well,

sick of buts flicked out of the window,had a minor fire in me car with the roof down a few years back and some one has to put themselves at risk to clean the streets.

steve

Return to “VIDEOS”