Ducati Scrambler in Morocco

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
nuttynick

Re: Ducati Scrambler in Morocco

Post by nuttynick »

Picture issue sorry!
FAT MATT

Post by FAT MATT »

Defo issues with something lol

Looks well and truly loaded up and difficult to identify it as a scrambler. Can't imagine there's many been used like that!
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

Tring to post from my phone, I'll try to edit these blank posts if I can't work out how to delete them!
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

No, it's been well and truly used! But that's what bikes are for. Better than popping to the local coffee shop with your trendy beard and turned up jeans which is what most get used for ;-)
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

I'm not a Ducati fan or rider, but It's great to see one of these bikes actually being proven in the field ! It's this sort of report that would give me the confidence to buy a bike rather than all the sales hype we get with new models.

Very nice and I now look at this model with a bit more respect. Doesn't it look good in the "Travel zone" (thumbs)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Looks a fairly robust bike bud though I can see why you have a long guard on it above the sump given the shortness of the front mud guard
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

The stock sump guard is a flimsy bit of pressed ally that would last about 5 mins. With the oil filter mounted on the bottom of the sump a decent guard was a must.
I had a few funny comments before I went as to the suitability, but nothing broke/failed/fell off during the 3,500 mile trip.
It was comfortable, did 65mpg following my mates on their singles at 65mph, and the fuel range was no worse than a mates BMW 650, althouh I had a spare can in the pannier.
It coped with everything the CCM450 on our trip did, and was a damn site better on the roads through Spain. The trade off in off road capabilities were worth it. Unless you are planning some serious off piste stuff, then an adapted road bike will do, even if it's a coffee shop cruiser!
Mine's up to nearly 8,000 miles in its first year, and I still love it! I've got a track day booked at Brands Hatch at the end of the month, and I've left the Moroccan muck on it for added effect as I ride around the outside of a few sportsbikes ;-)
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Looks mega (thumbs). The track in the vids is between Dades to Nekob on the route to Iknioun I think?
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

It was the hardest single days ride I've ever done. And that includes a ride of just short of 1,000 miles in one hit from Italy to home a couple of years back. It was a long and physical day!
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Last time I went that way I was on my 950SE, and on the way down I had a race with 2 guys on a scooter who were both 80 if they were a day. I had my engine off, they were allowed to use theirs. I wish I'd had a go pro with me it was bloody great fun. I have never seen two old guys laugh and smile so much

Return to “VIDEOS”