Best cover versions?

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Billy Bananahead

Re: Best cover versions?

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Mmm, i'm going with this topic, what about this
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Not absolutely certain but isn't Klaatu's version the original? The Carpenters covered it shortly afterwards and got far more play time. Some nice key changes in that song.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Yes, Klaatu did the original. I posted it just for comparison for those that had never heard of Klaatu. (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Billy Bananahead wrote:Yes, Klaatu did the original. I posted it just for comparison for those that had never heard of Klaatu. (thumbs)
Including me, 'seventies child as I am the flash back to The Carpenters made me want to vomit - OK, that's a sick joke :whistle:

Meanwhile:

OK, it's not really a cover as such, just plagiarising the title, and the real reason for putting it on here - and now at 10.00 on a Sunday morning in Catalonia the morning after Barça thrashed Madrid 0-4 last night! - the is that I'm playing it through my 80W speakers directly above the bedroom of the bloke downstairs who¡s been driving me nuts all week practising electric guitar - he's got some way to go! - while I've been trying to work! :whistle:

But WTF - here's the real deal! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I might have to watch the great rock & roll swindle again now those videos have reminded me about it.
sven

Post by sven »

I'm amazed no one's mentioned All Along the Watchtower - the Jimi Hendrix version has got to be the best cover version ever (thumbs) I quite like the original Bob Dylan version too :blush:
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

S.. nuff said. oops.. :lol:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

sven wrote:I'm amazed no one's mentioned All Along the Watchtower - the Jimi Hendrix version has got to be the best cover version ever (thumbs)

I quite like the original Bob Dylan version too :blush:

TBH I hadn't thought if that at all but it's been a bit done to death:

Lots of versions out there, but I really didn't like this:

Meanwhile:

And again, the wonders of youtube:

I haven't heard a better version, er, since ...

... and TBH I don't rate the Joe Cocker version.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

This tune has been driving me crazy since about 02.00, so by 05.30 - 04.30 for most of you lot! - I just said to myself f*** it and got up to play it one youtube: Nice cup of tea though (thumbs) Simon

Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

This thread is going to see me through the day :) Here are some great covers I've found over the years: Johnny Cash Hurt John Mayer - Bold As Love (ignore the bit in the middle). Hobo Jones - Drunken Sailor This is my wildcard post. It is out of this world:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “VIDEOS”