Cant belive this

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
bowber

Re: Cant belive this

Post by bowber »

My first thought was about the idiot filming, then about the idiot texting.

Both idiots!

Steve
whitewidow

Post by whitewidow »

Kenbo wrote:If you told me about this I would not belive you.....but it did happen :pinch:

Seen plenty of that out in Asia......even no hands, all depends on what your used to :silly:
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

bowber wrote:My first thought was about the idiot filming, then about the idiot texting.

Both idiots!

Steve
i tend to most days to have the go pro running on my commute, just in case of the sorry mate i did not see you etc. some of the stuff i catch usually in the morning is dreadful. had a woman cop the last year reading what i think was a large scale a to z on the m60, my fav is the traffic lights on the a58 westhoughton counting the phone users whilst driving, my best to date is 11 before the lights change.,
steve
bowber

Post by bowber »

fullerton wrote:i tend to most days to have the go pro running on my commute
Nowt wrong with having the camera on I was thinking more about the overtaking, but having said that everything looks a bit different on screen than in reality.

Steve
bull

Post by bull »

:laugh:
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

picos mestizo wrote:
AndyB wrote:Sending a text message doesn't strike me as being any more complicated than putting a new destination into a satnav on the move and I do that all the time. I find it more annoying that the rider who did the filming felt he had to put the film up where everyone can see it.

I moan about intrusive cctv cameras but they've got nothing on this guy.
Whilst I don't condone hands on mobile phone usage on the move, it isn't really any different to GPS input, IS IT?

Hands up all those who stop riding or driving to tend the GPS?
I don't play with satnav or mobile whilst driving or riding. All to easy to stray off line and end up in the ditch or splattered on the front of a truck.
Oh, Almost forgot. One of my friends did just this and ended up wrapping his bike around a field gate post and he hit the gate. both bike and rider well banged about
and lucky to be alive. I think Ill give it a miss and not bother trying this trick.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

picos mestizo wrote:
AndyB wrote:Sending a text message doesn't strike me as being any more complicated than putting a new destination into a satnav on the move and I do that all the time. I find it more annoying that the rider who did the filming felt he had to put the film up where everyone can see it.

I moan about intrusive cctv cameras but they've got nothing on this guy.
Whilst I don't condone hands on mobile phone usage on the move, it isn't really any different to GPS input, IS IT?

Hands up all those who stop riding or driving to tend the GPS?
Text messages tend to be a bit longer than 7 digit postcode.

I'll put postcodes in on the move in the car, on a 7" screen, on straight bit of road, returning my eyes to the road in between each digit, not really any worse than changing radio station on the same 7" touchscreen, but if the postcode isn't in there I leave it until there's a safe place to stop.

My wife has a 5 inch windscreen mounted portable unit, never touch it while driving.

The bike has a 3 1/2 inch TomTom rider, and I'm wearing gloves, try to programme that on the move? No thanks I have a 7 year old son to arrive home for.

Phone I have bluetooth built into both cars.

Text, I will pick up the phone and read a short text, no different really to checking driving instructions on the sat nav, but if it's more than a second to read I drop the phone back in the storage bin and forget about it until I arrive.

Never write text messages while driving please, it takes your eyes off the road for a crazy amount of time!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Ok, the rider was a tit for sending text messages but so was the rider who took his eyes off the road and gave him the big eyeball as he went past because while he was doing that anything could happen and saying he wasn't looking at the road because he was filming someone sending a text message is lame beyond belief.
jonah

Post by jonah »

last year I saw one guy riding his motorbike while talking to someone on his mobile what a complete joker
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Well this post caused a bit more debate than I thougt it would but I have to admit

I agree with Andys comment
"Ok, the rider was a tit for sending text messages but so was the rider who took his eyes off the road and gave him the big eyeball as he went past because while he was doing that anything could happen and saying he wasn't looking at the road because he was filming someone sending a text message is lame beyond belief."
And to Ralfs comment
"Text, I will pick up the phone and read a short text, no different really to checking driving instructions on the sat nav, but if it's more than a second to read I drop the phone back in the storage bin and forget about it until I arrive.

Never write text messages while driving please, it takes your eyes off the road for a crazy amount of time! "

That the wifes job when traveling

Return to “VIDEOS”