What a plonker!!

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
peterekins

What a plonker!!

Post by peterekins »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-25624978

At least he wasn't on his phone. :woohoo:
AndyB

Re: What a plonker!!

Post by AndyB »

He just misunderstood what was meant by always using hands free when making a call.
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

I'm not right sure he's done much wrong here. Courts/police being scared of everything not normal nobbers again. There was nothing erratic about that driving, and it wasn't exactly busy traffic, and you can easily steer a car with a knee, and reaction times to grab the wheel again are not exactly massive.

I bet I could react quicker driving like that, than a LOT of 70+ year olds that are quite legally free to drive around, though blatantly can't.

I'd be royally pissed off if I were him, not least for being filmed whilst minding my own business. Fecking cameras everywhere.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

nathanlee wrote:I'm not right sure he's done much wrong here. Courts/police being scared of everything not normal nobbers again. There was nothing erratic about that driving, and it wasn't exactly busy traffic, and you can easily steer a car with a knee, and reaction times to grab the wheel again are not exactly massive.

I bet I could react quicker driving like that, than a LOT of 70+ year olds that are quite legally free to drive around, though blatantly can't.

I'd be royally pissed off if I were him, not least for being filmed whilst minding my own business. Fecking cameras everywhere.

When you get knocked off your bike by a driver I will remind you of this post ! :pinch:
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

Never ridden no-handed then? Never had to adjust a glove, or just lean back for a moment? How about take your feet off the pegs to shake them out? Not in proper control there lad, woe betide you! :)

Too many rules about everything. It bugs me. What's he got done for anyway? That he might have had an accident? He had to pay a victim charge too! What's that about? Who's the victim? It's like bloody minority report; charged for a crime you've not yet committed, but might have, at some point, which may have possibly led to a person being possibly injured. Throw the book at him!!!
bull

Post by bull »

:P
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

I ride that road regularly and ,to use the quote, would be mighty pissed off if he was following me :angry: . Why would you drive like that, apart from being a knob!
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

nathanlee wrote:Never ridden no-handed then? Never had to adjust a glove, or just lean back for a moment? How about take your feet off the pegs to shake them out? Not in proper control there lad, woe betide you! :)

Too many rules about everything. It bugs me. What's he got done for anyway? That he might have had an accident? He had to pay a victim charge too! What's that about? Who's the victim? It's like bloody minority report; charged for a crime you've not yet committed, but might have, at some point, which may have possibly led to a person being possibly injured. Throw the book at him!!!

FFS its a bit different than putting your hands behind your head. Next you will be asking me if I have had a B J while driving :blink: and had I , I would have had at least one hand on the wheel. :whistle:
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

FFS its a bit different than putting your hands behind your head. Next you will be asking me if I have had a B J while driving :blink: and had I , I would have had at least one hand on the wheel. :whistle:
(Bernard blows (*) coffee everywhere)

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

Dazzer wrote: FFS its a bit different than putting your hands behind your head. Next you will be asking me if I have had a B J while driving :blink: and had I , I would have had at least one hand on the wheel. :whistle:
Alright, fair enough, it was daft, but I think the press is running away with it like it's the worst bit of driving ever, and it's really not. He was almost certainly paying more attention than birds putting lippy on, or people sending text messages, and that happens every bloomin' day, and is genuinely plenty more dangerous to other road users.

As for the BJ... risky. You don't want a bump with teeth around your chopper. :D

Return to “VIDEOS”