Listening to music while you ride ? ... yes or no ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
matthewcashmore

Re: Listening to music while you ride ? ... yes or no ?

Post by matthewcashmore »

Got to have tunes... or rather got to have BBC Radio 4 comedy podcasts and drama series.

I also use the Ultimate Ear plugs - they're absolutely fantastic - I put off getting them for years as they were so pricy - but my goodness they are worth every single penny.

Foam ear plugs on short runs - less than an hour or so - but for the motorway I enjoy my speech radio - eats the miles up!

m
Chas C

Post by Chas C »

I like to use my ipod on long trips ear plugs are ok but I feel as long as you are in control of the bike.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Yes, Nokia via Scala rider, mp3 and radio.
Honda, the power of dreams.
boatman

Post by boatman »

OI is a lazy git so to save me searching can you tell me how you do the radio set up on ye bikie
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

boatman wrote:OI is a lazy git so to save me searching can you tell me how you do the radio set up on ye bikie
Jim has a Nokia phone , that has MP3 and Radio .. And he plugs in his Nokia into his Scala Rider or streams via Bluetooth .

I have a Scala G4 , and stream MP3 from my Samsung Phone with Bluetooth but the G4 has built in radio (but I dont use it , prefer my Music Mixes)

I have my music on all the time , to the annoyance of my mates .. When stopping,
They are speaking...I am always saying , what's that ! , Pardon ... Sorry Music On !!

Oh dear .. Hahahaahaha
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Ear plugs, if I ever remember to fit them :S always thought it rather careless to be wearing any form of music output, I mean, what would the Insurance Co. think if you were T-boned and it wasn't your fault, but you'd been head-banging to AC/DC?

When I stop I usually have this with me after a long ride:
http://www.adventurebikerider.com/compo ... radio.html :)
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

2 wheeled tourist wrote:Ear plugs, if I ever remember to fit them :S always thought it rather careless to be wearing any form of music output, I mean, what would the Insurance Co. think if you were T-boned and it wasn't your fault, but you'd been head-banging to AC/DC?
:)
Probably the same as driving a car with the music going I guess ..

I personally find MY music helps me relax into the bike , but really depends on the music . Thats my I have a Mix mp3, with all my favorite music .

I do not listen to any fast / headbanging music whilst driving .
Fuzzy V

Post by Fuzzy V »

I listen to music sometimes through built in speakers, but have never used ear plugs when I'm riding. I save those for the gun range.
africajim

Post by africajim »

LargeWayRound wrote:
2 wheeled tourist wrote:Ear plugs, if I ever remember to fit them :S always thought it rather careless to be wearing any form of music output, I mean, what would the Insurance Co. think if you were T-boned and it wasn't your fault, but you'd been head-banging to AC/DC?

I personally find MY music helps me relax into the bike , but really depends on the music . Thats my I have a Mix mp3, with all my favorite music .

Shock horror! NO AC/DC?????? I've three ACDC albums on my phone! LOL!
(Razors edge, Highway to hell and back to black)

Relax? Wasn't that a tune by Frankie goes to Cricklewood? LOL!

Give me my bangin tunes!

Radio? The built in one with the Scala headset is white mans magic, I can only get a hissing noise out of it! The Nokia radio is far better!
Honda, the power of dreams.
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

africajim wrote:
LargeWayRound wrote:

Shock horror! NO AC/DC?????? I've three ACDC albums on my phone! LOL!
(Razors edge, Highway to hell and back to black)

Relax? Wasn't that a tune by Frankie goes to Cricklewood? LOL!

Give me my bangin tunes!

Radio? The built in one with the Scala headset is white mans magic, I can only get a hissing noise out of it! The Nokia radio is far better!

Oh 'eck! I still use CD's, and my phone (can) only receive & make calls :huh:
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.

Return to “THE PUB”