This is soooo embarassing.... a really stupid injury... and a question...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Okay so late last night, after moving a lot of stuff around up in the loft and general pootling about, sat on the edge of the bed to get undressed and enjoy a good nights kip when I heard and felt a snapping/crunching while taking a sock off

Middle finger of left hand... top joint just flapping ... :S :S :sick:

Quick trip to A&E and after much hilarity at cause of said accident got diagnosed with a snapped ligament... so big question, anyone else done this and how long does it take for the splint to come off ???
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Re: This is soooo embarassing.... a really stupid injury... and a question...

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Its your age mate, you a literally falling to peaces. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
scouse

Post by scouse »

Okay so late last night, after moving a lot of stuff around up in the loft and general pootling about, sat on the edge of the bed to get undressed and enjoy a good nights kip when I heard and felt a snapping/crunching while taking a sock off

Middle finger of left hand... top joint just flapping ... :S :S :sick:

Quick trip to A&E and after much hilarity at cause of said accident got diagnosed with a snapped ligament... so big question, anyone else done this and how long does it take for the splint to come off ???
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

Someone please delete this!!!! I blame the pain killers!

Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

A ligament is usually worse than a break for healing times and long term pain. Sorry.

Leason learned. Keep your socks on in bed !
scouse

Post by scouse »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Its your age mate, you a literally falling to peaces. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have age, what's your excuse, ;) :laugh: :laugh:

scouse

Post by scouse »

Old Git Ray wrote:A ligament is usually worse than a break for healing times and long term pain. Sorry.

Leason learned. Keep your socks on in bed !
Kinda had that feeling I may be in for a longish time off the bike ... but Ray, my feet smell enough as it is without encouraging more cheesiness... perhaps I need one of those grabby stick things used by the really old decrepit folk... how much was yours ... ? :D :D :D

LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

I was in plaster for 4 months after seriously tearing my ankle ligament, some 20 years ago . The day after I got the plaster off , I stepped on a uneven surface and strained the same ligament .. ahhhhhhhh ouch

Had to use my granddad's walking stick for 6 months ..

Hope it gets better soon , but as someone else said , it sometimes is worse than a broken bone.

LWR

p.s. Funny story connected to how I managed to tear my ligament in the first place. :whistle:
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

Did an ankle some years back. Stepped in the post hole I had just dug hehehe. It was about a month before they could put it in plaster due to swelling. Played a lot of golf back then and we put some studs in the bottom of the cast which wouldn't have helped.

Had it on for 12 weeks and removed it myself the day before it was due to be removed as I had a big competition that day. The consultant was not best pleased.

Probably took 12 months to be able to use it properly, run, jump etc and still gave me problems for a few years down the line. It has never been the same since.
Ted99uk

Post by Ted99uk »

If it happened that easily, it must have been ready to go.
Yes it takes longer than a broken bone.
Tough!
Ted.

Return to “THE PUB”