O dear It has started

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnzxr750

Re: O dear It has started

Post by johnzxr750 »

:( i ride every day to work rain sleet or snow i go out for rides out in same conditions but i understand why some people lay of in the winter i dont care wether your good or bad riders as long as you ride.unfortunately there are some serious muppets out there who ruin it for all of us and they are the same idiots who drive their cars the same way.i ride a sports bike i ride an off roader and i have two 80's classics a 750popup katana and an original 350lc. and i would say no to a nice gsxr hardtail chop either so maybe im the powercutoffanoracabrranger or maybe as ive always classed myself im just a biker who loves bikes i nod at the kids on peds with lplates too we all have to start somewhere does it matter what or when you ride??? no i dont think so!!! :P
cheers j :woohoo:
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Svalbaard wrote:FFS what does it matter what they ride, or when, and in what.

Sounds as though you are the one with the issues mate.
This is a bit out of order!!!!! Save this type of comments for the other forums. On this forum it's all about respecting each others views. You may not agree with them but don't insult them.

Enough said.........................
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!

Post by Guest »

It should'nt matter what you ride, where you ride, when you ride, the fact the we all ride bikes is all that should matter
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I wonder what hooby/image bikers think of me when I am out and about. Wannabie courier :P
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
James691

Post by James691 »

Easy Folks :)

We all have opinions and they vary on every subject and even on the time of day we are thinking about a given subject. If you don't agree, then say so - in a manner that you would find acceptable being given to yourself about your own opinion and as if speaking in company that you did not fully know. It's just polite.

We have asked - What is an Adventure? And we all seemed to agree it is whatever you felt adventurous about. Be that riding down the local beach or setting off for Ulan Batar.

We have asked - What is an Adventure Bike? Again we seem to agree that it is anything with two wheels that you can have an adventure on (see 'what is an adventure'), so means just about every make of bike.

He or she has paid for their bike and passed their test (in most cases) and it is up to them when they use it and with whom, as well as where they go on it.

If someone is riding so dangerous as to cause you concern then of course report it if it moves you strongly enough.

Enjoy your bike, ride your adventure, smile and wave and expect no wave in return.
Dancing in the moonlight
puppycharmer

Post by puppycharmer »

It is very easy to use a forum such as this to snipe at those we feel superior to, for whatever reason. I could be tempted to point out that Selous may have failed to get his point across because his spelling and grammar are poor, but of course I know nothing of his circumstances so it would be incredibly unfair of me to do so.

Live and let live.

P.S. I have no interest in golf whatsoever but I would love to know what proper hard core golfers wear.
Pass
Kiteboy

Post by Kiteboy »

One thing I like about biking is that we are all part of a minority group, I don't care what people ride, what they wear, or what colour their bike is. Obvious because I'm now on a black and yellow beemer, I'll give a nod to em all, not always reciprocated but I'll sleep. Skill fade, dodgey manouvers, they this and they that, comments I didnt think I'd see on here.
James691

Post by James691 »

We are all capable of having a bad day :)
Dancing in the moonlight
david a hall

Post by david a hall »

Selous wrote:I think most didn't get my point they hardly ride other than in good weather, they some make dangerous manoeuvres there skill fade is high as sun is out no care in the world, and ppl wonder why bike accedent rate go up.
Your point read, that they (who ever they are) only ride in good weather,(seems sensible to me). They (whoever they are) make dangerous maneuvers and what ever skills they had are fading.Id love to be as good as you are.
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

My name is Mr Free Market & I'm a fair weather biker

The sun was shining today & I was out on Salisbury Plain ...

When the weather is bad, I take a Land Rover

It's a simple as that
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

Return to “THE PUB”